5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falken at 3w

Eggie1000

Reaction score
Hi everyone new to the forum and ram trucks, bought 2019 bighorn, waiting for my falkens , I ordered 275 65 20, will my truck still run smooth with tires this large? just wondering if they can cause damage, I also have two inch level, thanks for any info.

Brrryan

Reaction score
You’ll probably feel it switching to the 10 ply tire but it shouldn’t be too bad. No worries on damage. Be sure to post up pics when they’re mounted!

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe it will. I had the AT3W's on a 2003 RAM 4x4 and it ran nice and smooth. You may notice a little tire noise compared to stock; but the AT3W's are really pretty quiet for an aggressive tread. It was a good tire choice in my opinion....I really liked them on my old RAM.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It will be fine. Slightly stiffer just because they are 10 ply tires, but it will ride great. I have the same size in BFG KO2s with a level and it is still a much better ride than my 4th gen.

HotStuff

Reaction score
295/60's on mine. Love them. They are stiffer than the stock 275/65-18 at3w that my off road came with, but it rides and drives nice. This tread pattern is awesome compared to the stock version. KIMG0119.JPG KIMG0122.JPG

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi everyone new to the forum and ram trucks, bought 2019 bighorn, waiting for my falkens , I ordered 275 65 20, will my truck still run smooth with tires this large? just wondering if they can cause damage, I also have two inch level, thanks for any info.

You're right to raise the question... dynamics change due to lifts, bigger tires, and non-OEM offset wheels (if you have them)... which in turn change forces and the angle these forces exert on suspension parts. Damage would show up in ball joints or wheel bearings.

I thought I read the 1500 has heavy duty bearings. And the truck is obviously designed for lift. I wouldn't be worried.

drbobvs

Reaction score
The door sticker on my 275/60-20 ATWA's that came with my off road package states 32 PSI all around. I usually run them at 34 PSI cold though b/c I notice a much greater pressure variance with temp changes than my former Michelins. Perhaps due to the stiffer sidewalls. Where my Michelin LTX would vary about 3 psi from, lets say 30 degree temps to 70 degree temps, these Falkens vary about 6 PSI. Hope this helps.

HotStuff

Reaction score
I have my 295/60-20 AT3W at 38 all the way around. I would lower it a little more because they are 10 ply, but my damn tpms light comes on and says to inflate them to 38...

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love my factory falkens. When they wear out I’ll be getting same, just bigger size.

Users who are viewing this thread