5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Failed air strut ? Noise in front….

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
22’ Limited with air suspension, I’ve been hearing a ’clunk’ in the front left when going over a speed bump…. No other noises anywhere else just low speed over a speed bump.

in trying to diagnose I had my hand physically touching the left front air strut and could feel the strut kinda ‘clicking’ when the truck was being bounced up and down by my buddy. Right side doesn’t do it….

anyone with the air suspension ever have a failed strut or anything like this ? All connection seem to be tight…. Any other ideas before I waste my time at the dealer ?

thanks…..

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Put your warranty to work man!
Ya I’m sure I will….. it’s just such a hassle leaving my truck for several day while they ‘diagnose’. Especially with the crap weather we’re having…. Really have enjoyed this truck and how it’s performed through all our crazy Rain here in Northern California.

Lurts

Reaction score
My leveled ram with air suspension developed a front end clunk that I would hear at lower speeds over uneven pavement or speed bumps. My front sway bar had loosened. After securing all those bolts, clunk went away.

Reverse

Reaction score
My leveled ram with air suspension developed a front end clunk that I would hear at lower speeds over uneven pavement or speed bumps. My front sway bar had loosened. After securing all those bolts, clunk went away.
Mine (at 103K) has started to clunk over bumps as well. Will inspect my bar for tightness. Tks!

Redstar24

Reaction score
I came here just for this discussion. My ‘21 Laramie developed a clunk in the front end. Took it to the dealer and they replaced stabilizer links. Got truck back still had clunk, they replaced a CV boot and STILL clunk. Going to do sway bar bushings next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Thanks… I’ve crawled around and checked most of the bolts. Was yours so loose that you could move it by hand or did you simple tighten all the bolts and found some that needed tightening ?

Lurts

Reaction score
The sway bar itself wouldn’t move by hand, but I could create a knock shaking the attachment site out at the distal ends of the bar.

Users who are viewing this thread