5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Wildpeak tire Pealing

dmchugh24

Reaction score
I have noticed on my tires it seems like the lettering is pealing off. Is this an issue i should be worried about. Only about 6000 miles on them. IMG_0112.jpg IMG_0113.jpg

Pressgrove

Reaction score
The whitening at the base of the letter is stress marks in the rubber.

I have the exact same thing. It's the direct result of me rubbing a curb (I realized it when I did it and got out and looked). It was just enough that the raised letters rubbed, but not the wall of the tire. Notice that it's only this way on the top side of the letters (the outside of the tire). If you look close, you can also see some light scuffing on the sidewall in your photos.

dmchugh24

Reaction score
The whitening at the base of the letter is stress marks in the rubber.

I have the exact same thing. It's the direct result of me rubbing a curb (I realized it when I did it and got out and looked). It was just enough that the raised letters rubbed, but not the wall of the tire. Notice that it's only this way on the top side of the letters (the outside of the tire). If you look close, you can also see some light scuffing on the sidewall in your photos.

Is this something i should be worried about or is it just cosmetic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pressgrove

Reaction score
It's just cosmetic (and irritating). Mine seems to be less noticeable now (or at least that's what I tell myself).

I was surprised at how soft the letters are.

Users who are viewing this thread