5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Wheels Mistake

GoBuffs82

Reaction score
I just took delivery of my 2022 1500 Limited yesterday. Waited 5 months but totally worth it to get exactly what you want.… almost.

My Limited was delivered with Longhorn wheels. I told the dealership that i would think about it. To be honest, i dont know if i like the Limited wheels, they look really basic. I also got the Granite Crystal paint which matches the painted portion of the longhorn wheels.

What do you all think?

Attachments

• E38FE88A-2A0C-4001-B000-F2D40A977C17.jpeg
    E38FE88A-2A0C-4001-B000-F2D40A977C17.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 313

ben b

Reaction score
I think they look great on your truck. Are the tires the same size as the Limited?

Switch22

Reaction score
Did you also order the 4X4 Off Road Package? I din't think the Falcons WildPeak ATs come standard on the Limited.

Av1

Reaction score
I like them. The wheel color matches nicely.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Longhorn wheels > Limited

So I approve of this change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would be upset if the truck didn’t come exactly as ordered. I’ve had wheels swapped off other trucks in stock to get what I want. If they want a sale bad enough you’d be surprised what they would do. Although these days that might be much more difficult than years past. Either way I would be voicing my displeasure if the truck isn’t delivered like it should be. Honestly I don’t care for those Longhorn wheels but to each their own.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Normally I may be upset if the truck did not come with the correct wheels but I do think those actually look better since the wheel inserts match the truck.

Last edited:

GoBuffs82

Reaction score
Thank you all. At first i was upset because it was wrong. I am sure that i can pitch a fit and get them switched out for the correct wheels, but i dont think i would be happier. I kinda like the look.
To answer questions, yes - have the Off Road Package which come with the 20” wheels, OWL off road tires, and increased ride height. Check out that ground clearance. Side by Side with my leveled 2010. Really happy to have a Truck that looks like a Truck.

Attachments

• DFFC9160-D81F-4C88-B287-E579791CD881.jpeg
    DFFC9160-D81F-4C88-B287-E579791CD881.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 118

deepc6

Reaction score
Personally I like the wheel as they match the color of the truck.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just took delivery of my 2022 1500 Limited yesterday. Waited 5 months but totally worth it to get exactly what you want.… almost.

My Limited was delivered with Longhorn wheels. I told the dealership that i would think about it. To be honest, i dont know if i like the Limited wheels, they look really basic. I also got the Granite Crystal paint which matches the painted portion of the longhorn wheels.

What do you all think?
I think it looks good, I’d stick with it! Or wait another 5 months to maybe get what u wanted. My special order lemon replacement truck came with the wrong tires and 23 gallon fuel tank over the 26. This was at the beginning of the Covid vehicle💩 show and the truck was free! I never said a word about it and was just happy I had a new truck to drive and I didn’t want to wait another 6 months! Good luck and enjoy your new truck!👍🏻😁

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like the looks of those, I would still complain and tell them to make it right with bed liner, mud flaps, a couple ball caps, something!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Those wheels look great. I'd keep them. And I'm a fan of the white lettering. Wheels are one of the easiest things to change on a vehicle if you get tired of those. And there are tons of choices out there.

Mketch

Reaction score
Why does the ram website let you build a Laramie with the Black BTS type wheels, but your dealer tells you after the deposit gets payed that your Laramie will show up with the black wheels from the Big Horn? Did Ram run out of wheels? Wtf. Did a search online and can see 2022s for sale with both types. Anyone with the first style wheels out there that want to sell before I think about canceling my order?

Attachments

• AC886944-CE10-403A-BCD7-FBAA84A2838A.png
    AC886944-CE10-403A-BCD7-FBAA84A2838A.png
    227.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 93446ADD-132D-4836-A70C-CFB1B85DA3DC.png
    93446ADD-132D-4836-A70C-CFB1B85DA3DC.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 44

Switch22

Reaction score
Why does the ram website let you build a Laramie with the Black BTS type wheels, but your dealer tells you after the deposit gets payed that your Laramie will show up with the black wheels from the Big Horn? Did Ram run out of wheels? Wtf. Did a search online and can see 2022s for sale with both types. Anyone with the first style wheels out there that want to sell before I think about canceling my order?
You basically get what the factory wants to give you now days. My Laramie came in missing features found on Laramies built earlier in the year and a lower price point as well. I think the manufacturers want us customers to all state "we are not worthy" and gladly play stooge and take whatever they provide, and be thankful to boot.

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You'd cancel an order over which wheels you get? I mean, wheels can make or break how a truck looks. But if I ordered a truck that otherwise had exactly what I wanted, I wouldn't cancel it just because of the wheels. But then again, I don't usually stick with OEM wheels for long. Like I've said before, wheels are one of the easiest things to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online