5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Tonneau cover

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone snap a picture of the factory tonneau cover folded up on the bed and maybe a picture of the clamps it uses?

I am trying to see how close it is to the one I have on my 2015. Thanks

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have a folded up pic, it's raining at the moment, hope these help...
20180908_121920.jpg

20180908_122000.jpg

20180830_194000.jpg

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Those are different clips then I have on my Mopar one from 2015. I need to decide on a tonneau cover buy can't make up my mind!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Slim , I'd wait. might be a pain to have one put on later, but it's such a 50/50 thing, the pros and cons on the soft trifold. I like that one person can remove it and install it. I don't like how it's clamped down from factory and as we've seen, it can literally blow off if you don't adjust it after delivery.

I would look at Truxedo covers if you're in the market for a soft roll or fold. I like their covers.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Slim , I'd wait. might be a pain to have one put on later, but it's such a 50/50 thing, the pros and cons on the soft trifold. I like that one person can remove it and install it. I don't like how it's clamped down from factory and as we've seen, it can literally blow off if you don't adjust it after delivery.

I would look at Truxedo covers if you're in the market for a soft roll or fold. I like their covers.

I have a trifold Mopar one for my 2015 that clamps on the rails of my RamBox rail system. The clamps are easy to put on. I can remove it quickly. Might get a little water around the tailgate now and then but nothing to worry about. It also has a fabric type cloth top with I like because it hides the folds. If Mopar offered that for the 2019 I would get it again in a heartbeat. It looks like the Gator Hybrid Tonneau is a close match. It even has the exact same type of clamps used on my 2015.

The one I see online at Mopar for the 2019 doesn't have the fabric top and it has drain tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread