5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Tint % ?

xo151

Reaction score
My dealer put 35% on the front windows to supposedly match. Funny how there are so many different answers to this.

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
There are laws and restriction here in Texas 25% only on the top 5" the windshield and the same 25% for the whole front drive/passenger windows.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are laws and restriction here in Texas 25% only on the top 5" the windshield and the same 25% for the whole front drive/passenger windows.
Yep - my dealer tinted the fronts (as they do for all of their vehicles) at 25% by default. I didn't request or 'pay extra' for this, so I'm fine with it for now.

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
I asked if my Ordered Ram could come with out the tint as I am looking to Ceramic Tint the vehicle

M

Mdegen93

It’s 23% from the factory. Had my tint guy measure it and 20% is the closest match

M

Mdegen93

Best picture I have of the tint but that’s 20%

Attachments

• 1744BFA8-C38A-4418-B285-D0B664AF8E6C.jpeg
    1744BFA8-C38A-4418-B285-D0B664AF8E6C.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 865

Joker4L

Reaction score
I am going to schedule to get my windshield tinted at 50%. My buddy got his Rebel front tinted at 50% and I went for a ride with him at night and there was no loss of visibility. Made the truck look so mean :)

M

Mdegen93

I am going to schedule to get my windshield tinted at 50%. My buddy got his Rebel front tinted at 50% and I went for a ride with him at night and there was no loss of visibility. Made the truck look so mean :)
Post a pic when it’s done, I’ve been thinking about this

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Here’s a shot I took yesterday. I have 20% on fronts. Keep in mind that the front windows will always appear lighter even if they’re the same all around, since there’s a lot of light coming through windshield.

24C129DE-058E-4FFA-9084-D1C91F580C75.jpeg

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
I had a windshield eye brow put on a new F150 the second day i owned it. They broke the windshield removing the inside mirror, on a saturday no less, so the truck had to sit there until the next week to get a new one put in. That ruined me of having any windshield tint work done. The only thing that kept me from losing it was the person that did it was a good looking young gal that felt really bad about it.

Joker4L

Reaction score
I had a windshield eye brow put on a new F150 the second day i owned it. They broke the windshield removing the inside mirror, on a saturday no less, so the truck had to sit there until the next week to get a new one put in. That ruined me of having any windshield tint work done. The only thing that kept me from losing it was the person that did it was a good looking young gal that felt really bad about it.
I have had many top strips done on cars and they never removed the mirror. That’s weird...

I plan on tinting the entire windshield tho. After seeing my buddies I was sold

Hammer1

Reaction score
Here’s a shot I took yesterday. I have 20% on fronts. Keep in mind that the front windows will always appear lighter even if they’re the same all around, since there’s a lot of light coming through windshield.

View attachment 8850
My 1st Eco diesel was silver and I loved it. Great looking truck

Attachments

• 20150213_173142.jpg
    20150213_173142.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 320

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
20% film is a close match.
I have 15% on my front to match.
My dealer put 35% on the front windows to supposedly match. Funny how there are so many different answers to this.
It’s 23% from the factory. Had my tint guy measure it and 20% is the closest match
This is hilarious that everyone has different answers and claims what they have match.... I can tell ya for sure 20% and 35% do not match. I got 20% on my front windows and my back windows are still darker.

Last edited:

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is hilarious that everyone has different answers and claims what they have match.... I can tell ya for sure 20% and 35% do not match. I got 20% on my front windows and my back windows are still darker.

Yup. My installer said 15% ceramic film.

Users who are viewing this thread