5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Spray in Bedliner problems

NDThumper

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Are you guys seeing this type of problems with your new trucks.

We got one new truck in March a Larmie 1500 new body style and last month we got us another new truck a Longhorn 1500 new body style. Both trucks have the factory bedliner and both trucks have gaps in the corners like the bedliner was sprayed on and then the bed was put together.

We have had several trucks all with the factory bedliner and have never see so many gaps or seams with not a lot of thickness in the finish.

I'm going to take both truck by the dealership and talk to the service manager about what they want to do to fix it.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Mine has some gaps too. Looks like it's a way for them to keep the bed drained from water.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Are you guys seeing this type of problems with your new trucks.

We got one new truck in March a Larmie 1500 new body style and last month we got us another new truck a Longhorn 1500 new body style. Both trucks have the factory bedliner and both trucks have gaps in the corners like the bedliner was sprayed on and then the bed was put together.

We have had several trucks all with the factory bedliner and have never see so many gaps or seams with not a lot of thickness in the finish.

I'm going to take both truck by the dealership and talk to the service manager about what they want to do to fix it.
That's unlikely because the bedliner is sprayed in after the truck is built. My truck doesn't have any gaps except where the water drains at the lower front end of the bed. Pics of your gaps would help.

NDThumper

Reaction score
I'll have the wife shine a light from below on one of them the next
day or so and take a photo to post up. We have had several and I know where the front drains are but the biggest ones are in the front corners on both trucks.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Arent the bed liners sprayed after the trucks are assembled? I know the tail gate latch cover is installed after it is sprayed because the screws in mine are bare. Picture's would help us understand what gaps you're looking at

TheMushyButt

Reaction score
You’re probably better off with the gaps so the water drains. I had my last truck done with LineX and water always pooled up in the front of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDThumper

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

We live on gravel roads up here, we just put the tonneau cover on
her and we are sealing up the tailgates and the bed holes to cut
down the dirt. Here are a couple areas you can see the light shining
through from below the vehicle.

This is the right rear near the tailgate

DSCN1965.JPG
This is the right front of the box, it's the same on the left side, there is more
of a gap there than the photo shows.
DSCN1967.JPG
This is the left rear area.
DSCN1964.JPG

Idahoktm

Reaction score
The gaps at the front are normal. I haven't looked at mine with the tailgate closed, so I can't comment. What is that last pic? It looks like you removed the tailgate.

NDThumper

Reaction score
Thats my MFT open, I've never seen so many open gaps in a bedliner
before. I will be taking both trucks to the dealer to discuss this on them.

bud007

Reaction score
I dont know if its normal , but i noticed a lot of gaps back at my MFT in the spots similar to yours , i happen to be underneath looking at my spare tire and looked up and saw all sorts of light coming through and said what the heck . I have been busy with other things to really do any follow up on it , but to be honest it really looks like **** poor quality as i really think they could have sprayed just a little bit more bed liner to hide it . my 2004 Dodge Ram had no gaps except the usual drain holes in the front side of the bed and even with Linex sprayed in it still drained properly.
As much as I love my new truck you can really see a decline in quality / craftsmanship .

Redfour5

Reaction score
Thats my MFT open, I've never seen so many open gaps in a bedliner
before. I will be taking both trucks to the dealer to discuss this on them.
I saw that last pic and said to myself Multi-function tailgate. It's the option I never knew I wanted until I had one.

Scram1500

Reaction score
As much as I love my new truck you can really see a decline in quality / craftsmanship .
I agree. My 2017 wasn't perfect but had better fit and finish, felt more soild. Truck of the year three times in a row? The fix is in

Redfour5

Reaction score
I agree. My 2017 wasn't perfect but had better fit and finish, felt more soild. Truck of the year three times in a row? The fix is in
And my 2021 is much better than my 2015 from a quality level relative to putting it together. I've seen others in parking lots that didn't necessarily seem as good as mine...particularly on the Rambox doors. If those aren't perfect it is really noticable I'm seeing. I must have gotten lucky, but even in the detail (where the old 2015 fell down) mine seems pretty tight good lines etc even the paint job. That "solidness" mentioned I am wondering about the new frame with the different metals. But they did knock like 225 lbs off the frame. There's a video out there by Ram where an engineer speaks to what is different. I'm thinking that might be it. I know what you mean on the solidness. The new one is...stiffer...for lack of a specific term but not as "solid." The fix is in? Can't speak to that.

AndyT

Reaction score
I have the factory spray on liner and the water pools at the front of the bed. Are the drains covered by the liner and I need to open them up with a hole through them?

Redfour5

Reaction score
I have the factory spray on liner and the water pools at the front of the bed. Are the drains covered by the liner and I need to open them up with a hole through them?
I'd sure take a look at it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online