5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Rubber Floor Mats?

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
I know there are a few threads on floor mats, but looking through them, I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Does anyone have a picture of the factory installed rubber floor mats that are available to order on the Laramie?

I found pics of the Mopar All Weather ones, but I think maybe the factory rubber ones are different, based on the picture on the website when building/pricing a truck. It appears that the rear rubber OEM mat is actually one piece, where the Mopar All Weather ones are two piece. Not sure about the pros/cons of that either, but just wondering what the factory ones look/feel like.

I'm curious about the difference in texture. I like good, heavy, flexible rubber, rather than the plastic feel of WeatherTech.

Rayzram

Reaction score
They are amazing. Bought a set and could not be happier. Fit is perfect.

Attachments

• 15375790460711315104868.jpg
    15375790460711315104868.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 230
  • 15375791132771040623131.jpg
    15375791132771040623131.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 227

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought black ones from the dealer yesterday.
I feel a little silly writing this, but I'm thinking about picking up a set of those just to keep my stock Longhorn mats looking new...the rubber/carpet/metal mats are almost too fancy for everyday use.

Rayzram

Reaction score
Did you buy those from the dealer, or were they ordered from the Factory?

Dealer had in stock. Need to pull my carpet ones and store. Laid them in place for a quick pic for you but had test fit at the dealer.

Rayzram

Reaction score
I feel a little silly writing this, but I'm thinking about picking up a set of those just to keep my stock Longhorn mats looking new...the rubber/carpet/metal mats are almost too fancy for everyday use.

Not at all silly. That is my main reason for buying. I want to preserve my carpet mats. When i trade it will look awesome with new carpet mats in place.

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
Now if someone has the factory rubber ones for comparison, that'd be great to see. I almost ordered them but let me dealer talk me out of it.

Rayzram

Reaction score
Now if someone has the factory rubber ones for comparison, that'd be great to see. I almost ordered them but let me dealer talk me out of it.

So the rubber ones you order with the trucks are different then the ones you buy from Ram dealership?

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
Well, I guess that's my real question. I think they are from the picture of the rear floor mat on the Build/Price screens on ramtrucks.com. That, and my dealer told me that the ones they sell at the dealer are "better" than the factory ones. Just not sure what that means.

Last edited:

Chris

Reaction score
Well, I guess that's my real question. I think they are from the picture of the rear floor mat on the Build/Price screens on ramtrucks.com. That, and my dealer told me that the ones they sell at the dealer are "better" than the factory ones. Just not sure what that means.
This usually ends up meaning the dealer is selling WeatherTech/aftermarket, which in some years may have been better but for 2019 the OEM seem better. Make sure your dealer is selling OEM Mopar, not aftermarket.

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
This usually ends up meaning the dealer is selling WeatherTech/aftermarket, which in some years may have been better but for 2019 the OEM seem better. Make sure your dealer is selling OEM Mopar, not aftermarket.

I saw them the day I ordered the truck. They are the Mopar with the RAM on them - same ones people have been posting on the forums. The thing is that he indicated that they were different than what would come in the truck if I ordered the rubber mats, and the picture online when you build/price a truck shows a one piece rubber mat in the back floor board.

dalailama23

Reaction score
i have indigo frost interior , the black are on back order but they will do great at the boat ramp versus limited rubber/carpet.

Lbdyll

Reaction score
I have the factory ordered rubber floor mats in my truck. The rear mat is a two piece design straight from the factory. But that is a plus not a negative. Way easier to remove to clean. Also they kinda lock together in the middle. From what I have read the mopar ones you order from the dealer are the same.

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
I have the factory ordered rubber floor mats in my truck. The rear mat is a two piece design straight from the factory. But that is a plus not a negative. Way easier to remove to clean. Also they kinda lock together in the middle. From what I have read the mopar ones you order from the dealer are the same.

Thanks for the info. I checked with my local dealership today and they have 2 sets of the Mopar mats in Stock in the brown that I will need, so that's probably what I'll go with.

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I checked with my local dealership today and they have 2 sets of the Mopar mats in Stock in the brown that I will need, so that's probably what I'll go with.

See id they have the 15% off coupon on the Mopar app.

warvet

Reaction score

I only use my all weather one on the driver side and usually when raining or doing yard work. I'm solo 99% of the time. I do this for the same reason ....I looooooove these dang longhorn mats and want them to stay beautiful. The few times a coworker rides with me to lunch, they always notice how beautiful those mats are. They can't see that the driver side is black/all weather :)

I admit my truck doesn't 'work' ............so the inside of all of my trucks are always pristine. My driver side/long horn mat goes in on Sundays for church or if wife and I spend some time out together on date night or something. So nope.............you aren't silly at all!!

Users who are viewing this thread