5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory resonators

TrailBoss

Reaction score
Trying to see if anyone has possibly swapped out their factory resonators with aftermarket ones such as the Borla Cratemuffler resonators. Tired of the whisping sound coming out the exhaust after the muffler change out. I've read about welding the weep holes, but was just curious if anyone just replaced them. Seen a few post comments where welding the weep holes would cause it to rust from inside out, but not sure how true that is.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Our trucks come with a 3 resonators (one pre-muffler and one at each exhaust tip) in addition to the muffler. Couple that with the fact that you can get electronic cutouts too and there are a myriad of possibilities.

The only resonator replacement I am aware of if the one that Borla makes for the pre-muffler resonator. It is designed to go on their cat-back systems to quiet them down if they are too loud for you (to save you the money of buying a whole new cat-back). I'm not sure if it is a direct replacement with the stock muffler in place.

Most of the rest you will find are replacement mufflers or entire cat-back systems.

As for the rear resonators at the tips the only thing I know of is a delete kit made by Flowmaster: https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust/exhaust_systems/american_thunder/parts/817850

All that I've mentioned are items you can buy for the 2019 Hemi RAM 1500. The options are almost infathomable if you start looking based solely on measurements and specs (universal components).

TrailBoss

Reaction score
Went and talked to the muffler shop that I use yesterday and ended up having them just cut the factory resonators and weld in some pipe. Definitely made it louder, but really not hearing the drone. Most likely will end up trying out the Borla resonators they offer in place of where the factory rear resonators were at to calm it down a little.

Users who are viewing this thread