5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory RAM AIR settings Help

titan3636

Reaction score
2021 Limited with Factory RAM AIR SUSPENSION --- took it to the dealership because it wouldn't go into OR2 (payload error), they put on a new compressor and rides great now.

My issue is that now my 35" tires are rubbing at normal setting and I can tell visually it is lower. Before I could see the silver metal air pump behind the tires at normal setting and now I don't. I called the dealership and they said it is set to factory specs and wasn't anything they did to make it rub.
Could the previous owner have changed the default ride height settings? Is there a way to do that? I have alpha and taser so could try something if that is possible? Just wanted to see if anyone else out there has come across this and knows what the issue might be that made it change and if there is a possible fix I could try.

Attached are two pics, before and after. On one you can see the metal pump behind the front tire when it was higher. Both were taken at "normal" setting.

Thanks so much for any input y'all have!

IMG_7409.JPG IMG_8967.JPG

Mketch

Reaction score
May need to use Alfa to change the height settings. Or make the dealer do it.

titan3636

Reaction score
May need to use Alfa to change the height settings. Or make the dealer do it.
oh ok so that can be done? anyone got the alpha info on that setting?
also, I saved my info from my previous alpha backup so maybe in can reference that and just change it back to what was there. not sure exactly where to look though lol

Last edited:

Mketch

Reaction score
oh ok so that can be done? anyone got the alpha info on that setting?
also, I saved my info from my previous alpha backup so maybe in can reference that and just change it back to what was there. not sure exactly where to look though lol

Lurts

Reaction score
Perhaps Revel links installed previously? The before pic looks more leveled to me.

titan3636

Reaction score
Perhaps Revel links installed previously? The before pic looks more leveled to me.
I asked them if they took anything off or noticed any suspension mods when the dealer did the work and they said no but who knows. It took theM over a week to do an oil change, rotation, and compressor…

Lurts

Reaction score
Lol! They’re not boldly branded and identifiable by any means, but if you know what you’re looking at they should be pretty easy to see.

If you want that little bit of lift back, they’re quite easy to install. I personally have the ReadyLift leveling kit for mine and love it

titan3636

Reaction score
Sounds nice but there is no reason I shouldn’t have it like it already was without having to buy something more.

Lurts

Reaction score
I don’t know much about using Alfa to change ride height, but I’d really be surprised if your truck in the before picture was stock. It doesn’t look to me like it had any rake 🤷‍♂️

titan3636

Reaction score
I don’t know much about using Alfa to change ride height, but I’d really be surprised if your truck in the before picture was stock. It doesn’t look to me like it had any rake 🤷‍♂️
you can see my pic in my icon on posts too and it looks very similar to yours. you can see the metal pumps behind the wheel on mine and your pic. the clearance looks very similar. now that the hurricane is gone im going to see this weekend if I can get alpha adjustments to make the rub go away on the front end like it was before. I looked through the logs that I saved before from alpha as a reference and don't see where it shows ride height on each wheel like the video posted above. maybe I didn't save it all correctly. hopefully I can just adjust it 1mm at a time and save and see if that gets it to where it needs to be.

titan3636

Reaction score
do you notice any difference in the ride quality after you installed the aftermarket links? it may be just me but I feel like mine rides better now than it did before the dealer replaced the compressor. maybe whatever adjustment it had before made it ride a little rougher

Lurts

Reaction score
Personally, I’ve never had just the links installed, but one of the reasons I never did was because I had read multiple times that it would worsen ride quality.

When I got my leveling kit installed, it was slightly nose up and I do think that worsened the ride quality. I added links to the rear to get some rake back and that brought my ride quality back to stock.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
that happened to my 2014 air suspension as well... had a problem and the dealer change the compressor assembly and since that time the hole left side of my truck is lower about 1/2 of a inch... after research with dealer... they had to re adjust factory normal height , and from what they said... this is done by putting truck on level surface and then putting truck in normal.ride height and then mesuring each ground to fender height and entering it in the computer then it adjust itself.. in that setting mode...

so my 2 sens... is they did it in a non level ground surface or mistake of the mechanich while mesuring..

titan3636

Reaction score
upon further inspection it looks like I have some aftermarket links on the front. pics attached. not sure if the dealer did some kind of changes or not to them. im now thinking instead of going the alpha route to change them I can probably just adjust these links and see if that works?? now gotta figure out how to do that...

IMG_8981.JPG IMG_8982.JPG

titan3636

Reaction score
Ok, so I have these links tightened down as short as they will go and still not to the height we were at before and still rubbing. I guess the next step is try alpha to change the height values. form the videos I watched on these links it looks like they would have made a much bigger difference than it has. not sure why it isn't moving up more with them. I cannot get them to thread down any shorter though.

IMG_8984.JPG IMG_8985.JPG IMG_8983.JPG IMG_8983.JPG

Lurts

Reaction score
Did you take the truck for a drive, cycle through the ride heights, and power cycle? I don’t think the link adjustment is necessarily instantaneous.

Beyond that not achieving desired height, I don’t have much else to offer lol

titan3636

Reaction score
I started playing around with alpha and I think I got it not to rub anymore :):) rides a little rougher but I guess that’s to be expected with more air in the shocks. Thanks for all your help @Lurts and everyone else. Gonna ride it out this weekend and see how it goes.

9871DB7D-E489-4419-AE00-E5A9581E8045.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread