5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory order 2023 Bighorn front grill texture change.

Littlejoe81

Reaction score
Today I went to the dealer just to look at a few 2023 Ram Bighorn's. I noticed there was a different variation of the front grill texture that I had previously not seen at the end of January from another 2023 Bighorn model. I'm not sure if their was a change in the recent months to change the front grill but I can tell you its very cheap looking (fisher price) plastic, very flexible, thin, and ugly compared to the 2019-2022 Bighorn front grills with the 2019-2021 being my favorite looking grill for the bighorn. If placing a 2023 factory order for a Bighorn please verify with your sales person/dealer on what grill texture will be on your bighorn or you may be very disappointed when it arrives. I saw the built to serve, night edition, and sports package all with these cheap grill textures for the bighorn today, but in January I saw 2023 models with the 2022 grill texture. The website (build your Ram) does not always depict the correct information and pictures so ask many questions on other options as well for factory orders so you won't be disappointed when it arrives....Hey this isn't what I ordered!!! For example in 2022 some customers received factory orders with the 115v front and rear power outlets missing which was mentioned on their build sheet but received blank covers where the outlets should be. They were given a very small credit (item delete) and were given the reason... you know shortage, semi-conductors, ect. For many, these outlets were a big deal for customers and their factory order and they would rather have their outlets installed than to receive a small cheap $45 credit. With that being said what's your favorite looking bighorn grill? I like (#3) 2019-2021 front grill texture the best!

#1 2023 bighorn grill texture
#2 2022 bighorn grill texture
#3 2019-2021 bighorn texture

#1 2023 bighorn front grill texture

Screenshot 2023-03-01 11.02.54 AM.png

#2 2022 bighorn front grill texture

Screenshot 2023-03-01 1.14.23 PM.png

#3 2019-2021 bighorn front grill texture

Screenshot 2023-03-01 11.58.38 AM.png

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have #3 but plan to eventually swap it for the insert in your first photo. This is something I have wanted to do for awhile now. That design is not new for 2023. Specific Bighorn trim packages from the previous years also had that mesh style insert. For me, I like the consistency between designs of the upper and lower grille inserts. I think it makes the truck look more uniform. Not that I think any of them look bad, but maintaining the same design elements between all of the grill inserts creates a cleaner look in my opinion.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I agree with Biggiehorn, I think the top pic looks sweet and I’ve thought about swapping also. I have the bottom one and like it too though. Not a fan of the 2nd one at all

Stalee679

Reaction score
I agree with Biggiehorn, I think the top pic looks sweet and I’ve thought about swapping also. I have the bottom one and like it too though. Not a fan of the 2nd one at all
What’s that plate called underneath the front end?

Users who are viewing this thread