5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Mistake?

jeremyc87

Reaction score
My Laramie only has 1 bed light on the driver side, the other side just has a plug in the hole.
Also the wiring is just hanging there not plugged into anything.
How do I tell if my truck is supposed to have it or not?

Trfnj74

Reaction score
My Laramie only has 1 bed light on the driver side, the other side just has a plug in the hole.

Do you have the BUG? I have the Limited with the BUG and I have 2 bed lights.

They make mistakes with part as I have two different tow hooks, one black and one chrome.

klail

Reaction score
I think you are supposed to have 2 lights. I have a limited WITHOUT the Bed Utility Group and I have 2 lights. I am not sure if 2 lights is just standard on the Limited and Longhorn but I would imagine if you have 1 lights then you are supposed to have 2.

Can anyone with a Laramie trim confirm they have 2 lights?

jeremyc87

Reaction score
bed utility group is not listed on my window sticker. Maybe I just got a free useless light? Maybe I could run power and ground wires to it and use it?

klail

Reaction score
bed utility group is not listed on my window sticker. Maybe I just got a free useless light? Maybe I could run power and ground wires to it and use it?
I think even without the bed utility group you should have 2 lights.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s (2) lights or no lights at all folks according to the dealership. :)

CouchAssault

Reaction score
Bed lighting comes standard on longhorn/limited. It is included in BUG or with a factory tonneau.

My truck was missing the universal garage door opener. It has been a bit of a headache to get corrected.
Chrysler customer support wanted to have me buy a regular opener from home Depot and send them the receipt lol. After 2 weeks they finally ordered a new visor, which of course is on back order.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Either way, I would go to service and ask "What the Hell. Where's my other light", I'm sure they will provide one.

Uivandal96

Reaction score

When I got my limited, I noticed my passenger side bed light was not working. I looked under the truck and the wiring was hanging from the light. I poked around a little bit but didn't see where it would plug in. I took it to the dealer and they found they hadn't ran the wiring harness over to that side of the truck and so they repaired it at the dealer. Must have been a pretty easy fix as they didn't have to order parts.

jeremyc87

Reaction score
I'll call the dealer tomorrow, see if they can shed some light on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread