5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory installed vs aftermarket brake controllers

midntrdr

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram didn’t have the factory brake controller and I initially bought the Curt Echo which is a Bluetooth wireless brake controller. Had nothing but problems with it from day one, very jerky especially at low speeds. No matter what I would set the power and sensitivity to it would perform the same. Curt support was terrible, just wanted to blame my truck and wouldn’t even listen to anything I had to say. Switched to a Tekonsha P3 with the 3024-p harness and it performed perfectly. Zero complaints on that controller, and the harness was long enough that I could run it over to the center console and hang the brake controller with the hanging bracket on the phone holder brackets where the wireless charger is on some models. Could disconnect and tuck the wire away when not towing. Just picked up a 21 Ram and I have the factory controller this time. If anyone wants a 3024-P harness message me, I don’t have a use for it. Free pickup in SE Michigan.

Users who are viewing this thread