5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory bedliner, how did they spray the inside of the tailgate?

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The bed is entirely covered, no holes. What I guess I consider a drain also is on the center front of the bed floor where it meets the front wall. This is still open.

Attachments

• F11F7029-6085-40A1-A3F4-58DAA43AB6E2.jpeg
    F11F7029-6085-40A1-A3F4-58DAA43AB6E2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 53

Brobee

Reaction score
The bed is entirely covered, no holes. What I guess I consider a drain also is on the center front of the bed floor where it meets the front wall. This is still open.

Cool - thanks again for the piece of mind. I just got my new truck, so now to prioritize my other mods...there are many :)

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The "Factory Spray in Liners" are not really installed at the factory. Ram shuttles the trucks down the street to an outside vendor called Ground Effects.

Autoplay

Reaction score
Awesome - thanks. Rhino didn't cover my tailgate bolts either. What about the 2 plugs on the actual floor of the bed?
The plugs on the floor of the bed are covered/painted with bed liner material. There are three drainage areas at the edge,next to the cab,that are painted/coated.....but all three areas still allow drainage.

This is the first spray in bed liner I’ve had in any of my trucks over the years(at least 10+ trucks)and I’m impressed with the quality of the application,the look of it,and the functionality of it. It’s not as “grippy” as I thought it would be,which allows for easy sliding of materials,but yet keeps stuff in place as long as you’re not driving like crazy horse lol.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Factory liner on my 2019 does not have the hex screws covered.
They did a great job. Also, there are elongated drain holes on the front of the bed which are not covered by the liner, so water drains fine when I hose it off.

6A5AEF99-9191-4723-B357-C3C83E8982D4.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread