5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Bed Step Stuck Shut

Speed 1B

Reaction score
Hi guys i just bought a used 22 laramie with the multi function tailgate and i can not get the bed step to deploy out from under the bumper. I was actually standing on it trying to get it to pop down and it was rock solid…never moved. Is there some kind of lock on it or is it just rusted fast???

Thanks

Speed 1B

Reaction score
Ive tried everything. It will not move. It feels like its welded shut. I kroiled the pivots but it seems like its way beyond what that is going to help.

dforaker79

Reaction score
Ive tried everything. It will not move. It feels like its welded shut. I kroiled the pivots but it seems like its way beyond what that is going to help
I have mopar part 82216265aa on my 2020 Longhorn I just bought. It feels welded tight. I cannot move it at all and tried everything you have tried. I'm not sure if it's broken, bent or just completely seized. Looking for a solution.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Id risk embarrassment by having a dealer tech show you how it works. If its truly stuck, youll have several guys out there trying to get it open. If its not stuck, youll learn the technique !

ChrisID

Reaction score
Agree, technique matters. However mine is usually filled with sand/debri every time i use it, so it's possible his is locked up if it was never used?

WillySwan

Reaction score
I have mopar part 82216265aa on my 2020 Longhorn I just bought. It feels welded tight. I cannot move it at all and tried everything you have tried. I'm not sure if it's broken, bent or just completely seized. Looking for a solution.

Do you have the MFT on your Longhorn? From what I see, that is the part number for use with multi-function tailgate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread