5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory battery reserve capacity?

zlman

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the factory batteries are rated at?
Yesterday, I was in my truck with the radio on for a total of 60 min. Got in at the end of the day and battery cranked the motor a few turns then stopped, had to use my jump pack to get it started.

JDBob35a

Reaction score
Someone can give a better answer or confirm, but I thought the truck would shut down before voltage dropped too low to start. Kind of a fail safe thing.
Haven't tried in the RAM but my last Ford did that.

Janruary

Reaction score
Someone can give a better answer or confirm, but I thought the truck would shut down before voltage dropped too low to start. Kind of a fail safe thing.
Haven't tried in the RAM but my last Ford did that.
A couple of weeks ago couldn't open the door because the battery = 4.0 volts????? Charged it enough to get it started, off to Ram, they completed the charge & found nothing wrong. Of course. Something discharged the battery. Now just waiting for a replay.

Zooram

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago couldn't open the door because the battery = 4.0 volts????? Charged it enough to get it started, off to Ram, they completed the charge & found nothing wrong. Of course. Something discharged the battery. Now just waiting for a replay.

Do you have a GPS tracker? Kahu, LoJack? They can draw power no matter the key position.

zlman

Reaction score
I would of thought it would have a voltage fail safe also but I tried twice, wasn't gonna start on it's own. Jumping it also made me lose XM until the next start and threw a CEL, scanned it, said shifter position communication lost. Drove fine though. CEL went away on the next start also.
I have no aftermarket add ons that would draw constant power.

Damion

Reaction score
wasn't there a TSB or something out for a batch of bad batteries?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online