5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Alarm sensor addition

Sbroussard69

Reaction score
Greetings RAMMERz

I was looking to add a glass-break sensor to my existing stock security system. The current system will only alert in the event of the door being forced open.

I found this on-line:

http://www.addshocksensor.com/

My only concern is their very vague website. Their product has a lifetime guaranteee however there is also a 10-day return policy with a sustantial stocking fee.

Has anyone made any modifications to their current factory alarm system?

2019Ram64

Reaction score
In order to trigger any of the 2-4 doors you’ll have to measure the resistance on the door trigger wire. The truck doesn’t use a simple ground when active door trigger anymore. There is one resistance when the door is open and one when it is closed. You can test this. Find the door trigger for one of the doors. Can be found at the bcm. Open said door and measure the resistance to ground. Find a resistor that matches that. Without closing the door close the latch on the door to simulate the door is closed. Then take the resistor you found and attempt to trigger the door using the resistor to the door trigger wire and ground on the other side of the resistor. If you can get the truck to act like that door is open then you can use any glad break sensor thru the proper resistor to trigger the alarm.

Member of the Gas Monkey Garage crew.
Nyinstaller2 on IG

Users who are viewing this thread