5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory 1" Lift - How?

tobyw

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed, I tried a search but wasn't able to find the answer so please point me to the thread(s) if it's already been addressed?

My question is, how is the factory 1" suspension lift achieved on the Off-Road Package and North Edition pickups? Are the struts different? Is there a factory spacer installed?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty sure it’s only the spring that provides the lift, and that all the struts are the same length (although there are different actual struts I think).

There’s a thread here with good tech on this but I can’t find it.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yep, the struts are designed to move with the full length of motion the suspension has, to suspend the truck higher, you can ad a spacer or use a longer and/or stiffer spring.

I am curious to how they got that 1" lift as well, did they use a spacer or different springs on the Rebel for example.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Trucks with coils use different springs that are longer, trucks with air ride are just programmed to sit higher at Normal ride height, and they lose one Off Road height setting in the process.

Helmetface

Reaction score
Can I tack on to this?

What's the proper way to lift an ORP truck? Can I add a spacer to the top of the spring perch? My goal is "3-3.5", equivalent to the Readylift or similar.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You just use the readylift 2” spacer and control arms. Don’t use the preload spacer. 66-1921 I believe the part number is. I have a set of spacers for sale, but not the UCA. if you want the whole kit, eBay has them for like 440-450.

You should use the UCA, or else drop to a 1” spacer and leave it at 2” total.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can I tack on to this?

What's the proper way to lift an ORP truck? Can I add a spacer to the top of the spring perch? My goal is "3-3.5", equivalent to the Readylift or similar.

Are you trying to go 3-3.5 over what you have now, or over a non-orp truck?

Either way, there's only so much travel to the stock suspension components, and Mopar themselves sells new UCA's as part of their 2" kit for non-orp trucks. I'd imagine you'd end up collapsing the strut and possibly bending or breaking the UCA if you go as high as you're saying with no other mods.

Helmetface

Reaction score
Are you trying to go 3-3.5 over what you have now, or over a non-orp truck?

Either way, there's only so much travel to the stock suspension components, and Mopar themselves sells new UCA's as part of their 2" kit for non-orp trucks. I'd imagine you'd end up collapsing the strut and possibly bending or breaking the UCA if you go as high as you're saying with no other mods.

The overall goal is ~3.5". I'm looking to get 35's in there.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have the part numbers for ORP springs? OP - if you wind up using another set of springs, let me know. I will take your ORP springs

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have the part numbers for ORP springs? OP - if you wind up using another set of springs, let me know. I will take your ORP springs

There are so many spring part numbers it's not even funny. Best way to get the part numbers is call the dealer, because they'll be able to decipher the option codes that affect the spring types.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should be able to find a truck online for sale that has the ORP, just use that vin, have a dealer pull the part # for that truck.

Trying to remember the name of the place I use for this type of stuff, but drawing a blank. Moe’s can tell you, they are the ones who told me. Any dealer should be able to do this, but you’d be surprised.... or maybe you wouldn’t be.

Users who are viewing this thread