5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fabtech 6" Coil overs and and stock 22's, a Shi**y surprise!

Vettethret

Reaction score
We load my Bullmastiff & St Bernard up every year and do road trips from CA to CO for snow. My Bullmastiff has had cancer the last year so this was going to be his last road trip. I lost him to a heart attack last Monday morning so its already been a real shi**y week! Being that the trip was pre paid 5 months ago I can't cancel now. I dropped my rig off today for a large build, including Fabtech 6" Coil Overs and 38's. I was told that there are NO LIFTS that will fit trucks that come with the factory 22" wheels since they have an HD hub, so my build is not going to happen! Does anyone know of any other lifts available that will work with trucks that come with 22" wheels stock? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-suspension-lift-kit-334c.html

Rough Country has the option for the 22XL which is made for trucks with the 22s and the heavy wheel bearings. I can't imagine what would be different, seeing as you are not changing the wheel hub. My only guess would be the new front spindles have a bigger hole if you have the 22s.. Did the shop happen to mention what exactly wouldn't fit. Rough Country always seems to be first to get this stuff to the market, but with theirs out I would imagine it won't be long for other companies.

GATORB8

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

You're switching wheels, right? Could probably buy a set of standard hubs and swap. Would need to check that the CV splines, IWE, and rotor bore are the same.

If the hub bolt pattern is the same, and just the bore is bigger, you may be able to get them machined out.

Vettethret

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

You're switching wheels, right? Could probably buy a set of standard hubs and swap. Would need to check that the CV splines, IWE, and rotor bore are the same.

If the hub bolt pattern is the same, and just the bore is bigger, you may be able to get them machined out.

Thanks Gator, been a hard week. I do have 20x12's (-44 Offset) and 38x15.5x20's going on it. They were going to call their dealership to see if what you suggested is possible and what the cost would be I have literally done 20+ of these builds over the years and have never run into this. I wanted to make sure the guys that have the stock 22's and were planning on lifting knew this would be an issue.

19Jake

Reaction score
sure the hubs are different?

NEW common front suspension shared between 4x2/4x4 configurations.
Shared features:
HD low-drag bearings to accommodate 22's

repositioned heavy-duty stabilizer bar
lightweight aluminum lower control arm

Last edited:

Vettethret

Reaction score
sure the hubs are different?

NEW common front suspension shared between 4x2/4x4 configurations.
Shared features:
HD low-drag bearings to accommodate 22's

repositioned heavy-duty stabilizer bar
lightweight aluminum lower control arm

I was there when they called Fabtech. If you look on Fabtechs site, it says it as well (I missed it when ordering myself).

19Jake

Reaction score
Won't fit factory air suspension.
Must use aftermarket 20″ wheel or larger.
Doesn't fit Rebel.
Doesn't fit vehicle equipped w/OEM 22" wheel & heavy duty bearing.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We load my Bullmastiff & St Bernard up every year and do road trips from CA to CO for snow. My Bullmastiff has had cancer the last year so this was going to be his last road trip. I lost him to a heart attack last Monday morning so its already been a real shi**y week! Being that the trip was pre paid 5 months ago I can't cancel now. I dropped my rig off today for a large build, including Fabtech 6" Coil Overs and 38's. I was told that there are NO LIFTS that will fit trucks that come with the factory 22" wheels since they have an HD hub, so my build is not going to happen! Does anyone know of any other lifts available that will work with trucks that come with 22" wheels stock? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Hate losing my dogs. Makes for a bad year.What happened with the CST lift same problem?

Vettethret

Reaction score
Hate losing my dogs. Makes for a bad year.What happened with the CST lift same problem?

Nothing worse for me, specially since we were going on one last trip! CST keeps pushing out their release date and still doesn't have one in sight. They have told me 2 weeks for the last 1.5 months. If I cant lift this thing in the near future, I'll go get an 2018 Power Wagon, cant drive anything stock!

Vettethret

Reaction score
Won't fit factory air suspension.
Must use aftermarket 20″ wheel or larger.
Doesn't fit Rebel.
Doesn't fit vehicle equipped w/OEM 22" wheel & heavy duty bearing.

When I initially saw that on their website, I didn't really pay attention to it. I was thinking you would have to have 22's AND the heavy duty wheel bearing option. Looked at my sticker didn't see any HD suspension options. End of the day its my fault. I have done enough of these builds to know to check on the little details.

Vettethret

Reaction score
You on the Hellcat Demon forum? I tuned with OST Dyno and had them do the TCM as well.

I am but don't post much. Mine is an 18 with a bunch of mods, i'm seriously thinking of trading it in on a new Redeye!

Users who are viewing this thread