5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fabtech 3” Coilover

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
Anyone done this kit yet? Looks pretty awesome but for $2800 the ride better be smooth as butter.

Todd1500

Reaction score
Has anyone installed this kit?

I'm curious about it. I have limited space above my ORP truck to fit it in my garage and I think these might work. But I think the Fabtech description might be a little misleading. It lists 3 inch lifts for both the Rebel and the standard 1500, but if you're using the coilover lift kits, they replace the front springs/shocks with the coilovers, which are 3 inches of lift from the basic factory truck. They then lift the rear with 1.5" spacers, so you'll get a different rake on a Rebel or ORP truck than you would on a standard truck. Ironically, the kits have the same part number whether you're putting it on a Rebel or a standard 1500 even though they list them separately. So for a Rebel/ORP truck, you're going to get 2" of lift in the front and 1.5" of lift in the back.

Interestingly enough, the two trucks pictured (attached) with the lift on their web site are the Rebel and an ORP truck.

Anyone have color on how the 3" Fabtech kits ride?

Attachments

• ORP 1500.jpg
    ORP 1500.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 254
  • Rebel.jpg
    Rebel.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 253

19_Rebel

Reaction score
I’m very interested in this kit as well but unfortunately being so new not much info out there about it. To me don’t look much higher than a level kit if you have a Rebel, obviously the ride quality should be a lot better than a level but not sure it’s worth the price for the amount of lift you actually getting.

DeDax

Reaction score
I think Dessert Dawg has them on order for his Rebel Build. He confirmed with Fabtech I believe the the exact specifications. Check the member build section of the forum, he has a detailed review of the lift and thought process behind it. Unfortunately due to Covid-19, he has not received so on truck reviews will be later on.

DeDax

Reaction score
I'm torn between the Fabtech kit & Icon Stage 2. The Icon Stage 2 is around $1900 so substantially cheaper, but I do believe you get UCA's with the fabtech kit, which I reckon justifies the extra cost. I'm honestly waiting for Desert Dawgs on truck review to make sure they ride well, as I've heard the Icon set up can be a little stiff.

KOOPS

Reaction score
I am interested in this kit as well. But I have a EcoDiesel......Does anyone know why they woudln't fit Diesel models? Says on their site "Will not fit diesel models.".
3″ BALL JOINT UCA LIFT KIT W/ FRONT DIRT LOGIC 2.5 COILOVERS & REAR DIRT LOGIC 2.25

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
I am interested in this kit as well. But I have a EcoDiesel......Does anyone know why they woudln't fit Diesel models? Says on their site "Will not fit diesel models.".
3″ BALL JOINT UCA LIFT KIT W/ FRONT DIRT LOGIC 2.5 COILOVERS & REAR DIRT LOGIC 2.25
I dont think it does.

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
Should be here next week or so and schedule install once arrives. I am excited to get the readylift off.

TrailBoss

Reaction score
Went ahead and jumped on this train and ordered mine today. Ordered the kit with the reservoirs. Hope it gives me the lift I need to stop the tire rubbing. If not then I'll start some trim work.

TrailBoss

Reaction score
Just got word today I’ll be waiting anywhere from 6-8 weeks! Ugh!

Users who are viewing this thread