5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F150 Reality Check

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So many people call us EV hating Neanderthals, but in reality we simply have proper expectations of the current state of the technology.

Better expectation management from the start (as opposed to selling hopes and dreams) would have gone a long way in preventing this backlash from the deeply-pocketed and unwashed masses.

EV’s are toys.
Urban runabouts perhaps.

But they are not a sole means of transportation, and whether they are even net cleaner for the earth is highly suspect, to say the least.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So many people call us EV hating Neanderthals, but in reality we simply have proper expectations of the current state of the technology.

Better expectation management from the start (as opposed to selling hopes and dreams) would have gone a long way in preventing this backlash from the deeply-pocketed and unwashed masses.

EV’s are toys.
Urban runabouts perhaps.

But they are not a sole means of transportation, and whether they are even net cleaner for the earth is highly suspect, to say the least.
There are those who truly hate them. And then those who understand the limitations, and keep it real. A lot of those who just hate them, because they are told they should, are just as ignorant about the technology as those who buy them, then complain when it's not all sunshine and rainbows, and they can't use it as only means of transportation.

They are great urban commuter vehicles. The hit on the power grid isn't as much as some want you to believe, just like they are as "clean" of energy as the other side wants you to believe. But the arguments you hear about either are usually the extremes of each side, and not the reality.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was initially interested in the ev's but now, nope. Lack of actually working charging stations, battery life and what are we going to do with all these used up batteries. I'm now even turned off with hybrids, mostly with the terrible experience I had with my Powerboost F150. I'll stay ICE as long as I keep my license.

Users who are viewing this thread