5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extremely stiff ride.

budbon

Reaction score
The ride on my 2019 (recently purchase) 2500 Bighorn is extremely stiff. I had a 2006 Ram 3500 that was not even close to this stiff. Looking for suggestions for a softer and more reasonable ride. Would lighter springs and air ride be an option or even available. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will probably get more input on the sister site, HDrams.com for 2500s, 3500s, etc. This site is primarily 1500 owners. Good luck!

tidefan1967

Reaction score
The ride on my 2019 (recently purchase) 2500 Bighorn is extremely stiff. I had a 2006 Ram 3500 that was not even close to this stiff. Looking for suggestions for a softer and more reasonable ride. Would lighter springs and air ride be an option or even available. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Check your tire pressure! Ram recommends like 60PSI for the front and 80PSI for the rear. You can lower those pressures down quite a bit unless you're towing and it will help the ride significantly. Personally I would drop 'em all the way down to just above where you get the low tire pressure warning if I were you.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Just be aware, changing to "lighter" springs etc will lower your payload so you have to ask yourself do you need a HD truck or not? Taking a HD truck and lowering the payload down close to a 1/2 ton kind of defeats the purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread