5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extreme cold and air suspension

clotagames

Reaction score
Was near record cold here in Illinois this morning at -24, New 2019 1500 Limited spent the night in heated garage. Drove to work about 8 miles and ride got progressively worse the farther I drove. Steering felt a little tighter also.Thinking combination of LT tires and the air suspension combined for the 3/4 ton ride feel. Had air suspension on a 2016 and did not ever remember it getting that stiff but -24 will produce so new outcomes I guess. Will give it another try in morning. Supposed to be -32.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was more stiff all day today. Similar temps hear near Detroit. All things pliable are less so in extreme cold. Not worried about it at all.

Tjd

Reaction score
I think it's common. My 2014, 2016 and now 2019 all have harsh air ride during extreme cold often To the point where it hits the bump stops. It's -27c (-17f) here without windchill.

dreinert

Reaction score
Same, I parked mine outside in Milwaukee (-22) the the truck felt lethargic the whole way to work. Stiff suspension, stiff steering, and felt like getting to 60mph even after engine & trans above 100 was a struggle.

My first time with air suspension so I don’t have a comparison though.

Users who are viewing this thread