5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extra keys that came with my 2021 longhorn limited

Parkerduplexes

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2021 longhorn limited 1500. I received two key fobs. When I got home I found two regular old fashion type keys in the top cubby on top of the dash.
What do these keys do? I can’t find anything in the owners manual. My ignition doesn’t have a spot for a manual key so I don’t think they are valet keys

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just an idea, but do you have the Ramboxes? I don't, but I'm assuming they might have a separate key to lock.

Parkerduplexes

Reaction score
Just an idea, but do you have the Ramboxes? I don't, but I'm assuming they might have a separate key to lock.
I do have ram boxes. They open with my key fob, but maybe the take a different manual key than the one in the fob

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The regular keys are the same as the key inside the key fob. It can be used for drivers door, glove box, ram box and the bed divider if you have one

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Morenar

Reaction score
Those keys are for locking and unlocking the RAM bed divider\extender. I had the same question when I purchased my 2021 last year.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got 2 keyfobs and 3 black regular "keys" for the ramboxes. They also work in the doors. The keyfob also has a key inside it, you press the tiny black button on the side of the fob to remove it. That key is not very usable, the other keys work better. Keep one around for the day your battery goes dead.

Users who are viewing this thread