5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extra key fob

Dietz5285

Reaction score
I am curious where every one keeps their extra Fob? I had a scare earlier this month when I thought that I dropped our fob outside of the truck before getting in and drove off without it. When we got to our destination I went to lock the truck and could not find it, so we thought that we were stuck in a parking lot and unable to start the truck. Luckily I put it in my back pocket rather than my front right as usual.

Gary

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep mine in a drawer.. When I sold my 2014 the extra key fob was still brand new never used.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We have our primary/daily fobs with all house/office keys on them, and hanging next to them is just the single fob with dealer tags behind them. Same story as @Biga, hand it all in like new come buying the next vehicle 15DDA370-A93A-4DF6-88BC-DE879830C852.jpeg

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
My wife has it and I have her extra.
Her Outback beeps before it stalls if you drive off without it.

ericd

Reaction score
If you drive away without your FOB after the car has been started, it'll let you know. Same as if you run back into the house after you start the truck. So there's really no worry of getting somewhere with the car running and not being able to start it again.

chance21

Reaction score
If you drive away without your FOB after the car has been started, it'll let you know. Same as if you run back into the house after you start the truck. So there's really no worry of getting somewhere with the car running and not being able to start it again.

Mine tells me "Key Fob Not Detected" at least two or three times a week, so I might be screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread