5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exterior scuffs

Reaction score
Hi there! I purchased a new 2020 Ram Warlock 3 weeks ago. I noticed significant white scuffs on almost all of the plastic exterior parts, door handles fender guards etc. thinking they would come off with a bubble bath and some cleaner I took it home nothing has worked. Took it to dealer today and he feels it was the paint sealant that got on the parts and he has the body shop trying to fix it. Do you think they can, and if not what recourse do I have? Thanks

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi there! I purchased a new 2020 Ram Warlock 3 weeks ago. I noticed significant white scuffs on almost all of the plastic exterior parts, door handles fender guards etc. thinking they would come off with a bubble bath and some cleaner I took it home nothing has worked. Took it to dealer today and he feels it was the paint sealant that got on the parts and he has the body shop trying to fix it. Do you think they can, and if not what recourse do I have? Thanks

Hi @Minnesota nice - I apologize for the trouble! Please do not hesitate to follow up with our customer care team for further support as you work with your dealer. You may call in at 866-726-4636 or submit your info here to receive an email follow up. https://bit.ly/3fy5Kfo

Mark
RamCares

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it's what I'm imagining it sounds like a bad detailing job. A lot of those polishes if they get it on the trim its a bear to get off. I'd make them replace all the parts or have them pay a professional detailer to try and fix it. Someone was lazy and didn't mask off the trim pieces.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
If it's what I'm imagining it sounds like a bad detailing job. A lot of those polishes if they get it on the trim its a bear to get off. I'd make them replace all the parts or have them pay a professional detailer to try and fix it. Someone was lazy and didn't mask off the trim pieces.
^^This. I found this out the hard way the first time I waxed the Rebel I used to own. Do not get wax or polish on those parts. I agree with Cooz on the next course of action to take.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
There is a wax remove spray that you can spray on, let set a moment (then use an old tooth brush) and then it helps remove the wax from the dark trim (sorry I don’t remember the brand) and then you can put back to black on if need be.

but yes it seems like a bad detail job.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
If it's just swirl marks, they should be able to remove those in no time.

Reaction score
thanks everyone for your replys . I’m taking it to the designated body shop Thursday and I will let you know what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread