5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exterior mirror locked...

mhb1638

Reaction score
So I was changing the chrome housing to a painted white one to match the paint and somehow got the mirror motor locked down. I adjusted it (through the door switch) to the down position and pulled the mirror/glass part off. But now, I can't get it to move back up, just clicks like its missing the gears. Any suggestions?

jorgegg

Reaction score
I experienced the same during the mirror cap swap. I had to remove the mirror again and then the motor to align the parts . I didn't noticed that during the initial pull it had partially come apart, and that's why it was clicking but not moving normally. If you go down this path, remove the central screw holding the motor, re seat the parts and re install. It wasn't an easy exercise, and a little patience goes a long way to solving it. Good luck.

mhb1638

Reaction score
I experienced the same during the mirror cap swap. I had to remove the mirror again and then the motor to align the parts . I didn't noticed that during the initial pull it had partially come apart, and that's why it was clicking but not moving normally. If you go down this path, remove the central screw holding the motor, re seat the parts and re install. It wasn't an easy exercise, and a little patience goes a long way to solving it. Good luck.

I did that once But I'll look again.

For those asking, its the motor. The glass part of the mirror refuses to move. As jorgregg mentioned, it seems the motor is out of track.

Users who are viewing this thread