5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exterior Lighting Options

Rusty_Shackleford

Reaction score
I’m setting my 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn Level 1 4x4 truck up to be an over landing vehicle. I’ve done a lot of work, but I want to know if anyone has installed some off-road lighting that isn’t large light bars (KC, HIAA, etc), and how they did that with minimal drilling/rack placement.

thanks in advance for any help:)

Work done includes Leitner ACS Forged Rack, iKamper Skycamp RTT, multiple leitner accessories, Bilstein 6112 & 5160 shocks, Method wheels, and Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Fatherdeath

Reaction score
I installed some added back lights, ditch lights, dual cube fog lights, and a 30inch bar in my bumper.. front bumper goes on Monday then i have a 30 inch IR bar that is just magnet held on the hood when i need it for night shoots

all wired to the auxbeam 8 port switch and then that is mounted in the center console area, other then replacing the bumpers there was no body drilling or trimming

jellis466

Reaction score
I installed some added back lights, ditch lights, dual cube fog lights, and a 30inch bar in my bumper.. front bumper goes on Monday then i have a 30 inch IR bar that is just magnet held on the hood when i need it for night shoots

all wired to the auxbeam 8 port switch and then that is mounted in the center console area, other then replacing the bumpers there was no body drilling or trimming
Magnet held on? what type of magnets are you using for this?

Nick57

Reaction score

Can you post some pictures of your set up? The mounting for the switches, light locals and such. :)

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just did a smaller bar in front. No cutting involved.

Post 26

Fatherdeath

Reaction score
do you have a link to the ditch light mount?

but Full disclosure I got mine from a fellow forum member here used. Install was super easy i used painters tape to mark reference points and realigned, Wires are ran under the hoods temp control material

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Are all of the lights controlled with the acc or is it a permanent on or off with the truck not running and it's just off battery powering then. I am going to hook up some ditch lights today and want them be able to turn off when the truck turns off.
So one wire comes from battery to relay switch to power on/ off switch and one ground wire to switch and then where does the other wire go to if I wanted it off when truck is off?

Bob.

Reaction score
I did a smittybilt license plate mount. Easiest way to mount a lightbar. No drilling, had it working in under an hour. I had to drill 1 3/8: hole thru the plastic grill to pass the wire thru. It don't show.
RAM LED ON.jpg

Attachments

• EVERYTHING.JPG
    EVERYTHING.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 36

Users who are viewing this thread