5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extending the date of the $1000 rebate email ???

simpson

Reaction score
I have read here about people receiving the email with the $1000 rebate. I have also received that email. My email states that must take retail delivery by April 30, 2021. Well, in about an hour I am heading to the dealer to sign papers to order my truck. I am sure that it will not be finished and ready to take possession by April 30th. I seem to recall some of you were able to extend this offer? If so - how did you do that? Any help would be appreciated!

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes you should be able to extend the rebate. Just have the dealer look it up in the system and they should be able to do it. Otherwise just need to contact someone from FCA to get it. Not a big deal.

simpson

Reaction score
Looking for help on this again. How do I extend this rebate offer? I did the online chat with ram cares and was told it can't be extended. Same answer from my dealer. Any advice?

Limited2021

Reaction score
I just checked and mine also expires April 30th. I am wondering as well how to extend this.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I literally just ordered last night. Knowing that my email offer expired April 30th, I commented that I hoped another offer came the month the truck arrived (because the dealer is going to take the better of the incentives--those at order date vs. those at arrival date.) He said I could apply it to an ordered vehicle. Looked up my email and applied my code to the ordered vehicle. Maybe he (Aaron at Mark Dodge) knows something that other dealers don't?

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking for help on this again. How do I extend this rebate offer? I did the online chat with ram cares and was told it can't be extended. Same answer from my dealer. Any advice?
It was only extended for me because I spoke to Ram Incentives via phone call.

laramie4x4

Reaction score
Either lock all rebates at the time of your order (called "sold order protection"), or use whatever is valid at time of delivery. Can't change your mind half way. That was what I was told by all sources and lost $750 because of it.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Either lock all rebates at the time of your order (called "sold order protection"), or use whatever is valid at time of delivery. Can't change your mind half way. That was what I was told by all sources and lost $750 because of it.
That’s not what I’ve heard from here or the dealer: you can take the better of the locked-in incentives, or the incentives available at the time of delivery.

laramie4x4

Reaction score
That’s not what I’ve heard from here or the dealer: you can take the better of the locked-in incentives, or the incentives available at the time of delivery.
that's what i'm saying. You can use some rebates at ordering and some at delivery, must be either or.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is how I understood it also. If I'm wrong, I'm satisfied with my deal. If I'm right and the incentives are better at delivery, that's gravy.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
that's what i'm saying. You can use some rebates at ordering and some at delivery, must be either or.
I was confused by you saying you can’t change your mind halfway through, buti think I get what you’re saying: Say you order in April, with rebates at $1000, and take delivery in July, with rebates at $2000, you can take the $2000. But if rebates were $3000 in May or June while you’re waiting for your order, you can’t take $3000.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just wondered. I have my Ram on order and keep hearing about the email but don't know how to get it. Heck, I get every other bit of spam under the sun. Even a Nigerian prince that needs a joint bank account to hide his money sends me emails!

laramie4x4

Reaction score
I was confused by you saying you can’t change your mind halfway through, buti think I get what you’re saying: Say you order in April, with rebates at $1000, and take delivery in July, with rebates at $2000, you can take the $2000. But if rebates were $3000 in May or June while you’re waiting for your order, you can’t take $3000.
that is right, and also if when you order, there is $2000 rebate + $500 bonus offer, and when you take delivery there is $1500 rebate but $1000 bonus offer, then you can
1. at order lock the $2000+$500=$2500; or
2. at delivery take $1500 + $1000 =$2500.
You can't say you want to use $2000 from #1 and $1000 from #2 to get $3000 off.

Users who are viewing this thread