5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended warranty

Branko

Reaction score
Look over the paperwork very carefully. All extended warranty start dates are when the vehicle was originally put into service and not additional time/mileage. In your case the warranty may expire some time this year. If indeed he is offering you an additional 5 years from date of your purchase it looks like a decent deal. Remember the mileage will remain at 150,000 and not 209,000 as it seems on the surface.

I bought an unlimited mile 7 year platinium warranty for my 2021 just before the standard one expired. Think I paid 4,200 for it but I'm good until 3/2028 no matter how many miles I have on it. Currently a bit over 50k.
Hi Thx for your input

I just did some googling about extended warranty company what they offered (Continental VSC) and looks like they have very bad reputation and lots of people have hard time to get paid when something happened. Also, bad communication with agents and 6 and more weeks to waiting until insurance decide to deal with your problem.

At moment Im looking at Chrysler- Mopar factory extended warranty (some people here at forum recommended this)
I get quote for Maximum care 60 moths / 75k miles for $3250 ($200 deductible)
or Added care plus 60m/75k for $ 2400 ($200 deductible)

https://www.factoryplans.com/assets/cms/files/POAdded2014.pdf (thats what Added care plus cover)

Oldphart

Reaction score
I believe to get an extended warranty from Chrysler, you have to buy it prior to the standard warranty expiring.

The warranty would possibly expire this year and only give you an additional 16,000 miles unless it starts from the day you purchase the vehicle.

Branko

Reaction score
I believe to get an extended warranty from Chrysler, you have to buy it prior to the standard warranty expiring.

The warranty would possibly expire this year and only give you an additional 16,000 miles unless it starts from the day you purchase the vehicle.
THX ill look in to that (good point)

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Guess I stand corrected.....thanks 165
I'm not the one who sells these, just from what I understand and seen others have done.
This is from one of the handouts (this is for used cars).

VEHICLE ELIGIBILITY Coverage exists for vehicles for the current model year up to ten model years prior. Vehicle eligibility varies based on existing warranty. Pre-existing conditions are not covered. All pre-owned vehicles must be inspected prior to sale of plan.

mplaramie

Reaction score
Just picked up MaxCare 8yr/85k $1400 from Ziegler. Pricing is the same at Granger but I used Ziegler before and everything went smooth. Even when I cancelled and got 100% refund. Figured I'd use them again.

FYI the 8/85 is a little less than the 7/85.

U

User_3336

Just picked up MaxCare 8yr/85k $1400 from Ziegler. Pricing is the same at Granger but I used Ziegler before and everything went smooth. Even when I cancelled and got 100% refund. Figured I'd use them again.

Zeigler has been around a lot longer than Granger (talking about ESP sales). Zeigler has had forum presence dating back to at least 2010! They were the first ones to offer forum discounts as well. Zeigler has had web presence since then. Granger just launched web sales. You generally go back to who you've had a good experience with/

Rebond

Reaction score
Forum promo code "PAYINFULL" will save you $365 off the posted prices online!!!
Thank you Greg,

I forgot about promo codes. I know I used one on my 2022 Ram 2 years ago for my 8/85. They probably won't like my Procharger, but they'll still have to prove it caused an issue with the bad window switch or whatever may break.

Need one for the wife's new Mojave though. Couldn't pass up the over 20% discounts on the 2023 Gladiators, so we sold our JK.

The finance guy was trying to sell us the $3,000.00 independent dealership warranty, so I asked why they don't sell a factory Mopar warranty? He didn't know... Well, at an almost $2,000.00 difference from what you can buy from Zeigler, I think I know.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Greg,

I forgot about promo codes. I know I used one on my 2022 Ram 2 years ago for my 8/85. They probably won't like my Procharger, but they'll still have to prove it caused an issue with the bad window switch or whatever may break.

Need one for the wife's new Mojave though. Couldn't pass up the over 20% discounts on the 2023 Gladiators, so we sold our JK.

The finance guy was trying to sell us the $3,000.00 independent dealership warranty, so I asked why they don't sell a factory Mopar warranty? He didn't know... Well, at an almost $2,000.00 difference from what you can buy from Zeigler, I think I know.
They can't deny warranty work for things not related to any modification. Like if you have electrical issues with your BCM or radio, engine mods have no effect on that.

MoparServiceContract

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Hi, I work at Chrysler Warranty Direct and you can purchase even after your manufacture's warranty expires at 3yr / 36k miles, if you're beyond 4yrs or 48k miles then you would need an inspection but still have options of additional coverage one to five years.

If anyone needs a quote or help understanding reach out to me at [email protected]. I'd be happy to help and include my forum discount in your quote.

U

User_3336

Hi, I work at Chrysler Warranty Direct and you can purchase even after your manufacture's warranty expires at 3yr / 36k miles, if you're beyond 4yrs or 48k miles then you would need an inspection but still have options of additional coverage one to five years.

If anyone needs a quote or help understanding reach out to me at [email protected]. I'd be happy to help and include my forum discount in your quote.
Are you cheaper than Zeigler or Granger? What is the "forum discount"?

Last edited by a moderator:

MoparServiceContract

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Are you cheaper than Zeigler or Granger? What is the "forum discount"?
It depends on the plan and vehicle but it's normally $100 to $150 off online prices, I need to use the VIN to see the lowest I can go but I normally can. I'll always match a price before you buy it as well and I know my customer service if you ever need to cancel or make changes is much higher quality than our competitors. No run around.

MS Delta

Reaction score

What if any deductible? I’ve never purchased one but was thinking if you have $100 or $200 deductible add that to your cost for every use. Also, it only applies after your bumper to bumper or power train warranty.

mplaramie

Reaction score
What if any deductible? I’ve never purchased one but was thinking if you have $100 or $200 deductible add that to your cost for every use. Also, it only applies after your bumper to bumper or power train warranty.
The new 3/36 is a Limited Warranty. The MaxCare covers just about everything. Especially with all the electronics/tech. Hope I never need to use it but $200 is better than whatever the cost to fix would be. Diagnostics alone are between $100 to $200 sometimes.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Compared to the repair bills for my 2015, the $100 deductible I had for it ($200 wasn’t an option) it was nothing…truthfully.

As mentioned previously, mine more than paid for itself. I hope to not have to use it on my 2023. But with way more tech and still having air ride… better safe than sorry.

Diagnostic fees around here run 120 to 160….

What I did on my 2015 to maximize it was if something was minor, I’d wait to have it fixed. You can have 1 thing fixed under max care or 5… deductible is still the same. When my water pump went.. I had a driver side window switch that was kinda acting up for a couple months. Not bad enough to bring it in, but… still annoying.

And.. when I had it in for one of the several air ride repairs, they noted the rear end was leaking a little and it had play.
So they replaced the ring, pinion, bearings, seals, etc., all at one time. Since it’s warranty and they know they’re gonna get paid on it… there’s not sales process. Just fix it. Just another point of view.

Users who are viewing this thread