5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranty

Goldsy

Reaction score
Assuming you keep the truck 6 years. I never buy pre-paid maintenance. an esp I can get a refund on.
I keep my vehicles until the warranty runs out. So I'll have this one for 6 years.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Questions:
1. Should I purchase the warranty through MD, how are their prices compared to Zeigler? I wouldn't mind wrapping the price into the financed amount.
2. If not at purchase, when should I consider purchasing the Extended warranty? Immediately or wait towards the end of the factory warranty?
3. Does the Mopar warranty override (or cover more than) the factory warranty, if I'm still in the factory warranty period?
4. The Maxcare warranty seems to be about $850/yr (after year 4), plus $200/claim. I really don't know if that's worth it when I do 90% of my own repairs. (except major Engine/Trans teardowns).
5. Granted I'm only concerned with the engine/trans, I wonder if the Powertrain Care Plus makes more sense than the Maxcare...
6. If I sell or wreck the truck, can I expect a partial refund?
Thanks
1. See if your dealer will match the Ziegler price (print out the Ziegler quote and take it with you). My dealer did (said it was $100 over his cost). If not, then just purchase direct from Ziegler.
2. I believe you have up to 12 months/12K miles before the price goes up. However, the longer you wait, the more chance you take of overall price increases. I can’t confirm, but it was mentioned above that there will be an overall price increase 5/1/22.
3. The factory warranty is the best, so it will cover any non-maintenance item for the first 3 years/36K miles. Factory power train is 5 years/60K miles (diesel engine covered for 100K miles I believe). Outside of this, MaxCare will kick in up to the limits you purchase for covered items.
4. Don’t forget the electronics on these vehicles. A new head unit can nearly pay for the warranty itself. I recently had a radiator replaced on a 2020 Grand Cherokee which was beyond the 36K factory warranty. It was a $1K repair which MaxCare covered with my $200 deductible.
5. See #4 above.
6. Yes. You can cancel at anytime and get a prorated refund. You can also transfer the warranty to a new owner should you decide to sell before the warranty expires.

I’m typically not an extended warranty guy, but for $2,490, it’s peace of mind for 8 years/125K miles on a $70K vehicle.

U

User_3336

Its ZEIGLER, not ZIEGLER! :)

Yes, there is a price coming. Who knows what plans will be affected?

I'll be getting mine by end of month. I don't want a price increase sucking up my $365 savings using the promo code.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Its ZEIGLER, not ZIEGLER! :)

Yes, there is a price coming. Who knows what plans will be affected?

I'll be getting mine by end of month. I don't want a price increase sucking up my $365 savings using the promo code.
Ok, well it should be Ziegler (I before E except after C). 🤣

U

User_3336

Ok, well it should be Ziegler (I before E except after C). 🤣
You can contact the owner and get him to revise it! :-\

Zeigler Chrysler/Ford
1186 E M-89
Plainwell MI 49080
866.943.7778 toll free direct
269.685.3557 direct
269.585.6004 fax

chuck01835

Reaction score
For those of you who purchased the zeigler plan online, did you have to have to do anything after checking out? Like activate the plan? The pdf contract has no contract number on it.

U

User_3336

For those of you who purchased the zeigler plan online, did you have to have to do anything after checking out? Like activate the plan? The pdf contract has no contract number on it.
The online process is just the "order". When the order is completed online and paid for. the folks at Zeigler then enter your order into the MOPAR system, THEN, it becomes a contract, which is available immediately on the MOPAR website. Everything is "activated" by Zeigler (or what ever online dealer you used).
Zeigler will mail you the contract, and you will get it a few days later.

chuck01835

Reaction score
The online process is just the "order". When the order is completed online and paid for. the folks at Zeigler then enter your order into the MOPAR system, THEN, it becomes a contract, which is available immediately on the MOPAR website. Everything is "activated" by Zeigler (or what ever online dealer you used).
Zeigler will mail you the contract, and you will get it a few days later.
Thanks for that insight!

U

User_3336

What plan did you buy? Did you use the promo code "payinfull"?

chuck01835

Reaction score
I did use the code. I got the 8/85k 200 deductible for 1245. For my fully loaded limited, I wanted protection at least until my 6 year financing was done. Funny thing was that 7 year 85k was more expensive than 8 year 85k.

chuck01835

Reaction score
Prices go up on May 1st. Plus I'm almost at 1 year, so I just pulled the trigger.

swing4terps

Reaction score
Is there an advantage to ordering sooner vs. just 36k warranty expires? (Besides the aforementioned price increase)

Edit: I see price increases after 1yr/12k. What’s the justification here? You’re only paying for the post factory period essentially?

chuck01835

Reaction score
I believe price increase at 1 year/ 12k miles.
Quick quote it both ways to confirm.

U

User_3336

Is there an advantage to ordering sooner vs. just 36k warranty expires? (Besides the aforementioned price increase)

Edit: I see price increases after 1yr/12k. What’s the justification here? You’re only paying for the post factory period essentially?
That is the way extended warranties work (at least on vehicles). Coverage starts on "in-service date".
There are several perks buying early. 1. Avoid price increases. 2. There are a few other perks like car rental coverage and key fob replacement.

morris08

Reaction score
Picking my Ram Saturday at Mark Dodge and now I'm going to pull the trigger on my first ever extended warranty.
I've had 8 cars over my 37 years of driving and never wanted an extended warranty, odds are in not in our favor.
They wouldn't sell them if they didn't average out making decent money.

Anyway, I just checked out the Zeigler website and it looks like the warranties are "on sale".

Looks like I could get the 6/60k with $200 ded for $705 !!! Sounds like a pretty good deal.
or the 7/75K for $1070

Users who are viewing this thread