5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranty with Level Kit

U

User_3336

This thread is about buying an extended warranty. I thought you were saying questions are asked at the time of purchase. I'm saying Mopar does not ask questions being discussed at time of purchase, at least I've never been asked any modification or similar questions.

I believe that "Quote Process" is a Ziegler form, not a Mopar form.

Jesus Christ, John, do you want me to post the entire contract.
John, have you really ever READ your entire contract?
I guess you will just say its a "Zeigler" form, and not the actual contract stating that. You just love to pick an argument don't you?

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User_3336

Here's the excerpts from the Mopar contract. Just because the "other guys" aren't asking about lifts, its still the same contract that everyone gets. (You certainly can't go back and blame them for non-disclosure).

Zeigler is just letting you know up front.

John, I'm sure you'll find something else to nitpick.

lift1.jpg

What is NOT covered
Clearly says repairs due to aftermarket lift kits are NOT covered.

lift2.jpg

And even if you do have the Mopar Lift Kit, if you don't include that Plan, its not covered either.

lift3.jpg

APPLICATION.

lift4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This thread is about buying an extended warranty. I thought you were saying questions are asked at the time of purchase. I'm saying Mopar does not ask questions being discussed at time of purchase, at least I've never been asked any modification or similar questions.

I believe that "Quote Process" is a Ziegler form, not a Mopar form.

Yes, we have debated Ziegler before. I said Ziegler's quote was lower than four other quotes. You could not accept that.

I absolutely have no hate for Ziegler, they have a great reputation and I have no reason to dislike them.. I've merely reported my experiences which have contradicted your's and other's claims that they are the best extended warranty seller and have the best prices. It seems you have a hard time accepting the facts.
The question is on the application for the contract. Just because some companies don't ask doesn't you the questions doesn't mean they are not there. Maxcare has policies for lifted vehicles, commercial/fleet vehicles as well as others.

Have you ever called Mopar and purchased a policy?

U

User_3336

The question is on the application for the contract. Just because some companies don't ask doesn't you the questions doesn't mean they are not there. Maxcare has policies for lifted vehicles, commercial/fleet vehicles as well as others.

Have you ever called Mopar and purchased a policy?
He purchases from other dealers that "don't ask/ don't tell". LOL I'd much rather be told up front of exclusions, than having to find out after the fact.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, John, do you want me to post the entire contract.
John, have you really ever READ your entire contract?
I guess you will just say its a "Zeigler" form, and not the actual contract stating that. You just love to pick an argument don't you?
Wow! You've spun this from what happens when making a purchase to have I read my contract. You must think I'm an idiot. I'm done

Last edited:
U

User_3336

Wow! You've spun this from what happens when making a purchase to have I read my contract. You must think I'm an idiot. I'm done
Well, then don't argue about things that are clearly stated in the contract. This thread isn't just making an ESP purchase, it was about whether lifts were included. If you like, I could post the contract in its entirety, but I thought I'd just post the parts that pertained to this thread.

Maybe you SHOULD read your contract, you might find something that was not covered that the "other guys" said was. LOL

You acted like Zeigler is making their own questions and rules, yet you've been proved wrong twice.

You like to argue points, but you're most certainly not always right. If you're "done", great...not sure what else you can dispute/refute.

John Galt

Reaction score
Ziegler consistently has the second-lowest quotes for warranties I’ve seen AS LONG AS YOU PAY IN FULL UPFRONT. There is at least one with a lower warranty price and a lower “paid in full” price but they do not have the “easy” web site so if you’re bothered by making a phone call or sending an email to interact with a live person Ziegler is the lowest price I’ve seen for a kiosk-type purchase experience.

the warranty itself, like the vehicle, is a commodity. It doesn’t matter who you buy it from you still get the same thing. Same coverage, same terms. Ziegler just has a nicer web form that spells out some of the more relevant terms that may affect some buyers and cause them to reconsider their purchase because it may not cover everything they think it does. Even if the warranty seller doesn’t spell out these terms for you upfront THEYRE STILL TERMS OF THE WARRANTY.

All car dealers are selling a commodity. It’s exactly the same product from the same manufacturer with the same terms that all other dealers have. The only difference is how they treat you And how good is their service department.

Now, I have personally never bought from Ziegler because as I said, they consistently have the SECOND lowest price but they seem like a perfectly nice place to buy from if you want that Amazon-like “click and buy” experience And get the same exact coverage you would if you bought an FCA warranty anywhere.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

Ziegler consistently has the second-lowest quotes for warranties I’ve seen AS LONG AS YOU PAY IN FULL UPFRONT. There is at least one with a lower warranty price and a lower “paid in full” price but they do not have the “easy” web site so if you’re bothered by making a phone call or sending an email to interact with a live person Ziegler is the lowest price I’ve seen for a kiosk-type purchase experience.

the warranty itself, like the vehicle, is a commodity. It doesn’t matter who you buy it from you still get the same thing. Same coverage, same terms. Ziegler just has a nicer web form that spells out some of the more relevant terms that may affect some buyers and cause them to reconsider their purchase because it may not cover everything they think it does. Even if the warranty seller doesn’t spell out these terms for you upfront THEYRE STILL TERMS OF THE WARRANTY.

All car dealers are selling a commodity. It’s exactly the same product from the same manufacturer with the same terms that all other dealers have. The only difference is how they treat you And how good is their service department.

Now, I have personally never bought from Ziegler because as I said, they consistently have the SECOND lowest price but they seem like a perfectly nice place to buy from if you want that Amazon-like “click and buy” experience And get the same exact coverage you would if you bought an FCA warranty anywhere.
A good "summary". Most of those points have already been brought up (and repeated).

The "other guy with a lower price" has said several times that he was working on a website for online purchases, but I think he realized there is more involved in that that "just throwing up a website to sell esps".
Time, resources, staff, development, upkeep, ISP/gateway. there's a lot that goes into development of a .com site.

So, yeah, he can offer a small discount because he chose not to implement a website. Also, he's a relatively newcomer to the "ESP to the masses". As some have never purchased or dealt with Zeigler, some do not have experiences with him. People who have purchased from him online have reported a positive experience, and be appears to have sold a number of ESP's to online forum users.

Zeigler has had a web presence for as long as I can remember and certainly for as long as I've been on this board (since 2018). I purchased from them when I owned a Ford as well (2011). Their website has been running for online esp purchases since then. They were pretty well the only one who offered a "forum discount".

I've had great experiences with Zeigler, and there are many other folks who purchased from them as well. I like automation, and I like the ability to shop online and compare, and when I'm ready, I like the ability to purchase my product right then and there, and pay for it online, and for it to be finalized, and if I decide to cancel, I can still do that online. (I dislike emailing and calling).

So, if buying a product online means I pay a small amount more for ease of use, I have no issue with it. (Remember, maintaining a website does have overhead - - - It's like buying something on Amazon with "free shipping" - - - you know very well that cost is included in the price of the product you're buying).

Finally, repeating again, a OEM Mopar ESP is the same product, no matter who you buy it from. Pick who you like.

Users who are viewing this thread