5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranty with Level Kit

Hadit55

Reaction score
Hello, has anyone attempted to get a Mopar MaxCare warranty through Ziegler with a level/lift? I have Billstein 5100’s that are obviously not factory nor are they dealer installed and get the attached message when trying to sign up. I spoke to a Ziegler rep on the phone and they recommend against it. I guess im forced to a 3rd party route?

Attachments

• IMG_2779.jpeg
    IMG_2779.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 36
U

User_3336

Hello, has anyone attempted to get a Mopar MaxCare warranty through Ziegler with a level/lift? I have Billstein 5100’s that are obviously not factory nor are they dealer installed and get the attached message when trying to sign up. I spoke to a Ziegler rep on the phone and they recommend against it. I guess im forced to a 3rd party route?
Its stated against it in the contract. unless its a MOPAR kit installed by a MOPAR (RAM) dealer.

think about it, they're not going to cover repairs that caused an issue by a lift kit that wasn't theirs.]

Doesn't mean that a third=party warranty will cover repairs either with an aftermarket lift kit.

Hadit55

Reaction score
Its stated against it in the contract. unless its a MOPAR kit installed by a MOPAR (RAM) dealer.

think about it, they're not going to cover repairs that caused an issue by a lift kit that wasn't theirs.]

Doesn't mean that a third=party warranty will cover repairs either with an aftermarket lift kit.
I agree with your logic completely however, let’s say I have a blown head gasket, would they not cover it because I have a lift kit?

U

User_3336

I agree with your logic completely however, let’s say I have a blown head gasket, would they not cover it because I have a lift kit?
Now that doesn't make any sense what you said. they'd deny any that could have been the result of a third party lift kit (you know, things related to suspension, drive shaft, etc)

If the lift kit had some effect on normal operation of the transmission or engine, then, yeah, they could potentially deny repairs..

A third party lift kit that causes a problem that needs a repair could even denied under manufacturer warranty.

Then people ***** and moan and complain that their truck drives like sh** after installing a lift kit. Their MPG average does to crap. their truck vibrates now.

Hadit55

Reaction score
Now that doesn't make any sense what you said. they'd deny any that could have been the result of a third party lift kit (you know, things related to suspension, drive shaft, etc)
Yes, I agree. The issue is im not even able to sign up for a warranty. I understand the risk of not being covered by suspension related issues or similar issues that could be related to a lift kit and would still want to get the plan for other potential issues

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maxcare can void the contract over the level. They can void it if there is a commercial sticker, plow, oversized tires and many other things. They don't have the same rules as a manufacturer warranty.

3rd party service contracts do offer for vehicles that are lifted/leveled. CNA National has plans that cover this. We use them and they have great coverage.

Hadit55

Reaction score
Maxcare can void the contract over the level. They can void it if there is a commercial sticker, plow, oversized tires and many other things. They don't have the same rules as a manufacturer warranty.

3rd party service contracts do offer for vehicles that are lifted/leveled. CNA National has plans that cover this. We use them and they have great coverage.
Is there any other 3rd party warranty services you recommend other than CNA?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you. Lastly, do you recommend a extended warranty on the 2020 Ram?
If you have to pay for both exhaust manifolds to be replaced, that's about a $1200-1500 bill. Need a wheel bearing that is about $600. That is just a couple of some common things that may fail. I would recommend one. With that be sure to read the contracts fully and understand what is not covered.

John Jensen

Reaction score
That must be a Zeigler policy. I've purchased three Mopar extended warranties on my two Ram trucks. When getting my Mopar extended warranties I get up to 8 quotes. The only quotes that added dealership rules regarding selling a Mopar warranty were Zeigler and Granger, none of the others asked about truck mods.

Here are my top four Mopar sellers for pricing and service.
1 - Tom Winkels, Hayes Jeep, 269-385-1116,
2 - Victor Riedman, Mopar MaxCare, 765-222-1356,
3 - Joe Topor, Chrysler Warrantys, 888-918-9840,
4 - Jason Edmundson, Chrysler Warranty Direct, 517-662-0400

Last edited:

Hadit55

Reaction score
That must be a Ziegler policy. I've purchased three Mopar extended warranties on my two Ram trucks. When getting my Mopar extended warranties I get up to 8 quotes. The only quotes that added dealership rules regarding selling a Mopar warranty were Ziegler and Granger, none of the others asked about truck mods.

Thank you. I would hate to purchase the warranty just to have it denied due to suspension modifications even if it’s not related to the specific issue I brought the vehicle in for. Have you had any experiences like this with your past or current rams?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you. I would hate to purchase the warranty just to have it denied due to suspension modifications even if it’s not related to the specific issue I brought the vehicle in for. Have you had any experiences like this with your past or current rams?
It is not a Ziegler policy, there are times Maxcare asks questions like if there are any mods to the vehicle.

Maxcare also has plans for lift kits, they only cover vehicles w/ factory kits.

John Jensen

Reaction score
It is not a Ziegler policy, there are times Maxcare asks questions like if there are any mods to the vehicle.
When are those times?
Mopar/Maxcare has never asked me or the selling dealer any questions, but Zeigler does.

John Jensen

Reaction score
My only suspension mod is my leveled 2016 Eco. Both my trucks are turned and have nanny disabling mods. I've had a few warranty repairs and have never been questioned or had dealer comments related to mods and warranty coverage.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When are those times?
Mopar/Maxcare has never asked me or the selling dealer any questions, but Zeigler does.
When the dealer calls in a claim. If maxcare sends an adjuster, if there is a lift or any signs of commercial use, they can and will void the contract.

U

User_3336

That must be a Ziegler policy. I've purchased three Mopar extended warranties on my two Ram trucks. When getting my Mopar extended warranties I get up to 8 quotes. The only quotes that added dealership rules regarding selling a Mopar warranty were Ziegler and Granger, none of the others asked about truck mods.

NO, John, its NOT a Zeigler policy. It plainly says right there on the website, and CBTY2050 already confirmed this. Hopefully this ends this debate.

I recall having a debate a while back with you, John, on some aspect of MaxCare. Are you a Zeigler hater?

I'll say this, I'd sure appreciate the fact that I was warned beforehand about the third party lift kit prior to purchasing it, rather than another dealer NOT disclosing it just to make a sale (if other online retailers don't disclose it during the ordering process, then that's them).

lift.jpg

U

User_3336

When the dealer calls in a claim. If maxcare sends an adjuster, if there is a lift or any signs of commercial use, they can and will void the contract.
That's because Zeigler is probably more up front with knowledge and let you know before you buy.
The other guys just want a sale.

John, are you a Zeigler hater?

Last edited by a moderator:

John Galt

Reaction score

If the lift kit had some effect on normal operation of the transmission or engine, then, yeah, they could potentially deny repairs..

A third party lift kit that causes a problem that needs a repair could even denied under manufacturer warranty.

Then people ***** and moan and complain that their truck drives like sh** after installing a lift kit. Their MPG average does to crap. their truck vibrates now.
Or worse, they complain that a safety feature “almost killed“ them…..not the aftermarket lift and oversized tires the truck was never designed for :D

John Jensen

Reaction score
This thread is about buying an extended warranty. I thought you were saying questions are asked at the time of purchase. I'm saying Mopar does not ask questions being discussed at time of purchase, at least I've never been asked any modification or similar questions.
NO, John, its NOT a Zeigler policy. It plainly says right there on the website, and CBTY2050 already confirmed this. Hopefully this ends this debate.

I recall having a debate a while back with you, John, on some aspect of MaxCare. Are you a Zeigler hater?

I'll say this, I'd sure appreciate the fact that I was warned beforehand about the third party lift kit prior to purchasing it, rather than another dealer NOT disclosing it just to make a sale (if other online retailers don't disclose it during the ordering process, then that's them).

View attachment 160472
I believe that "Quote Process" is a Ziegler form, not a Mopar form.

Yes, we have debated Ziegler before. I said Ziegler's quote was lower than four other quotes. You could not accept that.

I absolutely have no hate for Ziegler, they have a great reputation and I have no reason to dislike them.. I've merely reported my experiences which have contradicted your's and other's claims that they are the best extended warranty seller and have the best prices. It seems you have a hard time accepting the facts.

Users who are viewing this thread