5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EXTENDED WARRANTY through Insurance Carrier - Geico. 7 years/100,000 miles for $210! ??

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting info. I'll check this out. I don't have Geico but was going to check and shop my rate anyway.

Saints

Reaction score
I just got insurance for my truck today and they added it without even asking me, and it’s $57 every 6 months... I also found out that we have it on my wife’s Sienna and I had no idea. I was going to get it on the new truck, but man I wish they would have at least asked me if I wanted it.

SB89

Reaction score
Just checked my policy to find out I have this as part of my coverage already! And it’s only $12/6 months. It does stipulate that it applies only to vehicles with less than 15k miles that have been purchased within the last 15 months.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting info. I'll check this out. I don't have Geico but was going to check and shop my rate anyway.
Definitely do it. I've had several people reply the exact same way you did and each one of them checked it out and said it's legit and they're doing it. The cost would go from $210 up to $300 depending on your local Geico I guess but either way it still much much cheaper

Davidmurphy02

Reaction score
This sounds like the best deal going right now. I keep my vehicles a long time - still driving my 1998 Ram - so when I bought my 2019 Ram last summer I got the Mopar Maxcare lifetime unlimited warranty with $100 deductible for $2,745. Over the life of the truck I'm sure it will pay for itself, wish it had been available when I bought my 98. I got it just in time, a couple of months after I bought it they stopped offering the lifetime warranty.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went online and they quote me 170 every 6 mos. That's $340/yr. That times 5 years is $1700. I'll compare that to the Mopar quote...

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I end up with an extended warranty it'll be Mopar not an aftermarket one. Aftermarket warranties can become a hassle with some dealers and having to deal with the aftermarket adjusters for repair approvals.

whetrick1

Reaction score
The dealer I went through told me to come back at around 30,000 miles and he could get me a great deal on a extended warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can definitely see it being a good deal for some but for me the Geico insurance rate was slightly higher than my current coverage with slightly less.

And given my mileage, I'd actually save a little using a Mopar warranty. Ziegler 5 yr comes in around 1400.

Again, definitely a great option for some if you're getting those rates.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
I have geico and didn't realize I already have the MBI coverage. I am wondering how this works with lifted trucks. Anyone have experience with this?

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

I contacted all the people I know of that sell discounted genuine Mopar warranties for a price comparison. Did I miss anyone?

Zeigler
Clay Robbins
Tom Winkels
Riedman Motors
Chrysler Warranty's
Jeep Factory Warranty
Mopar Service Contracts
Chrysler Warranty Direct
Chrysler Factory Warranty
Jason Edmonson

Check out this link to see who had the lowest prices.

sicpuppy

Reaction score
I have Geico insurance and would use no one else. They are always there for me with help, information and know their products. My wife just had her Jeep Cherokee totaled by someone running a red light and Geico took care of everything.

My extended warranty on my '19 Ram truck is $10.33 a month ($62 for 6 mo.). My wife just bought a new '21 Blazer and her warranty is $11.38 a month (68.30 for 6).

If you extend to 7 mo./100,000 mi. My Ram would be a total of $868 and my wife's Blazer would be $956.20.
That beats $2,000 or more on the others listed above.

There is a $250 deductible but If you can't afford the deductible you need to be walking.

The extended warranty in NC includes $20 a day for car rental up to $120 and also covers $40 for a towing.

U

User_3336

I just checked GEICO, and its not an option to add to my policy.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have Geico insurance and would use no one else. They are always there for me with help, information and know their products. My wife just had her Jeep Cherokee totaled by someone running a red light and Geico took care of everything.

My extended warranty on my '19 Ram truck is $10.33 a month ($62 for 6 mo.). My wife just bought a new '21 Blazer and her warranty is $11.38 a month (68.30 for 6).

If you extend to 7 mo./100,000 mi. My Ram would be a total of $868 and my wife's Blazer would be $956.20.
That beats $2,000 or more on the others listed above.

There is a $250 deductible but If you can't afford the deductible you need to be walking.

The extended warranty in NC includes $20 a day for car rental up to $120 and also covers $40 for a towing.

And what does it all cover if you look at the policy?

Users who are viewing this thread