5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended warranty pick

boldram

Reaction score
Some RAM dealers pushing out Darwin automotive as new extended warranty company. Please help me to choose between MOPAR and DARWIN. Any bad experience using either one ? Thank you all

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Some RAM dealers pushing out Darwin automotive as new extended warranty company. Please help me to choose between MOPAR and DARWIN. Any bad experience using either one ? Thank you all
I don't see anything about Darwin Automotive providing extended warranties. Darwin appears to be a software provider for the auto industry. From an article in Automotive News: "Auto dealerships use the Darwin technology platform to deliver a personalized, effective customer experience and to rate, contract and remit F&I contracts electronically."

As far as I'm concerned, there is no 3rd party extended service contract (aka extended warranty) that is superior to what is offered through the manufacturers.

jent

Reaction score
I also heavily considered a 3rd party warranty. I don't know anything about Darwin, but generalizing the options I faced:
1) 3rd party warranty that would be cheaper, 2 years longer (10 years), and likely well served by the specific dealership selling the truck to me. It had concerning fine print like needing to pay for repairs out of pocket and then request reimbursement. Fine print also listed used or non-oem parts sometimes being acceptable.
2) Mopar warranty, purchased online for a cheaper price (but still not as cheap as #1 after negotiation)

I choose the shorter more expensive Mopar warranty simply because it was a more known product that I could use at many dealers without concern. I think under the right circumstances a 3rd party warranty may make sense, but for me the fine print and uncertainty with what dealer I may work with in the future made me choose a Mopar warranty.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
@jent nailed it. I can't add much more to what he said other than there's just less hassle with a Mopar warranty.

boldram

Reaction score
Could please clarify if deductibles under MOPAR plan paid per visit or per repair ?
thank you all.

U

User_3336

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Could please clarify if deductibles under MOPAR plan paid per visit or per repair ?
thank you all.

PER VISIT
It's per visit but no additional deductible for follow up appointments for a in-progress repair. For example, bring in for an issue and dealer has to order parts so an appointment is scheduled to do the work - only one deductible payment. I believe that also includes if a repair is made and the original reported issue persists.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
speaking as a tech in the service dept, don't ever use a third party warranty company that the dealer recommends if it is NOT the manufacture specific ext warranty. Most aftermarket companies the dealers push on the customer are junk.

U

User_3336

speaking as a tech in the service dept, don't ever use a third party warranty company that the dealer recommends if it is NOT the manufacture specific ext warranty. Most aftermarket companies the dealers push on the customer are junk.
Profit margins are much higher on third party warranties...

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All depends on the company, we use CNA and we prefer them over Mopar extended warranty. The authorization process is hands down easier and quicker. As a tech, they pay book time vs warranty time.

U

User_3336

All depends on the company, we use CNA and we prefer them over Mopar extended warranty. The authorization process is hands down easier and quicker. As a tech, they pay book time vs warranty time.
Can't do any price comparisons online. CNA esp's are only sold by dealers at dealerships.
Mopar esp's can be purchased online by certified dealers.
I'm pretty sure CNA esp's are substantially more expensive than a discounted Mopar esp online.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
anyone get this???

Our records indicate you did not purchase a Mopar® Vehicle Protection plan for your 2022 Ram 1500 Crew Cab when you bought your vehicle.
Previously, we sent you a notice regarding Mopar® Vehicle Protection for your vehicle and we have not yet heard from you.
We recommend you obtain a factory-backed Mopar® Vehicle Protection plan to protect yourself, should your vehicle require mechanical repairs, when your factory warranty expires. You may still have time to activate coverage on your vehicle.
To verify your vehicle's eligibility for coverage, please call 1-800-215-3697 before 04/23/2022 or -------- and have your current mileage available. Hours are Monday - Friday 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT, and Saturday 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT. Final acceptance is subject to your vehicle's eligibility. Ask about our interest-free payment plans!
If we do not hear from you, we will update our records to note that you are declining coverage at this time. We encourage you to explore this coverage option before declining to make an informed decision.
Sincerely,
John Fox
Head of Mopar Vehicle Protection

Prices are Increasing May 1st
Secure 2021 Prices -
Call by April 29th To Activate!

U

User_3336

anyone get this???

Our records indicate you did not purchase a Mopar® Vehicle Protection plan for your 2022 Ram 1500 Crew Cab when you bought your vehicle.
Previously, we sent you a notice regarding Mopar® Vehicle Protection for your vehicle and we have not yet heard from you.
We recommend you obtain a factory-backed Mopar® Vehicle Protection plan to protect yourself, should your vehicle require mechanical repairs, when your factory warranty expires. You may still have time to activate coverage on your vehicle.
To verify your vehicle's eligibility for coverage, please call 1-800-215-3697 before 04/23/2022 or -------- and have your current mileage available. Hours are Monday - Friday 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT, and Saturday 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT. Final acceptance is subject to your vehicle's eligibility. Ask about our interest-free payment plans!
If we do not hear from you, we will update our records to note that you are declining coverage at this time. We encourage you to explore this coverage option before declining to make an informed decision.
Sincerely,
John Fox
Head of Mopar Vehicle Protection

Prices are Increasing May 1st
Secure 2021 Prices -
Call by April 29th To Activate!
I get those all the time, its just a solicitation to get you to buy one. Sometimes those are NOT directly from FCA, they are disguised from online dealers. Who answers when you call the #? and BEFORE 4/23/22??????????

U

User_3336

1-800-215-3697 is directly to the Mopar Vehicle Protection Center. I will contact another dealer and ask about a price increase.

*UPDATE* There *IS* a price increase coming. How much and on what plans is unknown. Its posted on several online websites now.

Guess its time to capitalize on the savings now, instead of a price increase negating the savings.

Zeigler appears to still have the $365 off using promo code "payinfull".

Last edited by a moderator:

M02v8r

Reaction score
I always went with the manufacturer extended warranty. On my '22 Rebel the dealer talked me into a 3rd party warranty however I did have the option to cancel in 30 days and get a full refund. Well after tons of research I went back to the dealer and collected my refund! Put it (and another $200) into a Mopar 7yr unlimited mileage warranty through Ziegler. There is just way too much bad news out there about 3rd party's, even the bigger companies. I especially wouldn't go through one that has no established reputation. Mopar is the only way to go. This is my 3rd warranty through Ziegler (2 Ram, 1 Ford) and I wouldn't deal with anyone else. They are quick, easy, and upfront with the pricing. They also follow-up with you to make sure you received your paperwork. Good luck!

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree. Just seem to run into labor disputes, parts disputes and crap not being covered with some of the junk warranty companies.

U

User_3336

I always went with the manufacturer extended warranty. On my '22 Rebel the dealer talked me into a 3rd party warranty however I did have the option to cancel in 30 days and get a full refund. Well after tons of research I went back to the dealer and collected my refund! Put it (and another $200) into a Mopar 7yr unlimited mileage warranty through Ziegler. There is just way too much bad news out there about 3rd party's, even the bigger companies. I especially wouldn't go through one that has no established reputation. Mopar is the only way to go. This is my 3rd warranty through Ziegler (2 Ram, 1 Ford) and I wouldn't deal with anyone else. They are quick, easy, and upfront with the pricing. They also follow-up with you to make sure you received your paperwork. Good luck!
Bob @ Zeigler has always been super easy to get along with over the years. He was the first to offer forum members discounts all the way back to 2018 as I can recall.

Users who are viewing this thread