5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranty - Is A FCA/FACTORY Warranty Available?

RSConsulting

Reaction score
First post here. I'm considering a 2019 Ram Limited.

But there's NO WAY with computers, air suspension, etc. - that I would purchase ANY NEW VEHICLE that I intend to keep for 100K miles, without a service plan that covers ALL the expensive stuff that can break after 36K miles.

The dealerships I've been to all seem to "recommend" a different warranty company.

I've been driving Hondas for the last 12 year - and ALWAYS get the "HondaCare" 8 year/120K plan. It's a HONDA PLAN, FROM HONDA. Never had a hassle using it, no calls for authorization or anything else. Roll into a dealership, hand them the keys - grab my loaner and out the door until they call me to pick my vehicle up.

Is there an ACTUAL FACTORY PLAN? Or am I stuck trying to wade through the Finance Managers sales pitches for the plan THEY MAKE THE MOST $$ on?

Regards,

Rick

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, FCA offers factory plans. FCA no longer offers lifetime warranties for purchase but you can go up to 8 yrs/125K miles or thereabouts (if you want unlimited miles you can only go as far as 7 years).

There are some that offer better deals than others and almost always will be better than what the dealership will offer when you buy the truck.

Some of the best places I've found to shop for a competitive price for a factory Chrysler warranty are:

1. Ziegler Automotive Group (chryslerfactoryplans.com)
2. C.R. Motor Sales Inc. (chryslerwarrantydirect.com)
3. Riedman Motors (Trish) – 765-222-1353
4. Eau Claire CDJR (chryslerwarrantys.com)

I'm sure there are others out there but those are my four finalists to choose from when I purchase one next month.

One thing to note is that the warranty term (no matter when you purchase the warranty) is from the date of purchase of your truck. If you get an 8 year warranty it overlaps your 3/36 basic (BtB) warranty so you are getting an extra 5 years of warranty. That may be a deal-breaker for some.

Last edited:

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Thanks for the speedy response. As usual - Florida prices are significantly higher than anywhere else in the country. If they are anything like Hondacare - I can use an address in a different state to purchase.

Regards,

Rick

Yes, FCA offers factory plans. FCA no longer offers lifetime warranties for purchase but you can go up to 8 yrs/125K miles or thereabouts (if you want unlimited miles you can only go as far as 7 years).

There are some that offer better deals than others and almost always will be better than what the dealership will offer when you buy the truck.

Some of the best places I've found to shop for a competitive price for a factory Chrysler warranty are:

1. Ziegler Automotive Group (chryslerfactoryplans.com)
2. C.R. Motor Sales Inc. (chryslerwarrantydirect.com)
3. Riedman Motors (Trish) – 765-222-1353
4. Eau Claire CDJR (chryslerwarrantys.com)

I'm sure there are others out there but those are my four finalists to choose from when I purchase one next month.

One thing to note is that the warranty term (no matter when you purchase the warranty) is from the date of purchase of your truck. If you get an 8 year warranty it overlaps your 3/36 basic (BtB) warranty so you are getting an extra 5 years of warranty. That may be a deal-breaker for some.

john94si

Reaction score
If you finance in a warranty plan and cancel do they cut you a check or do they remove it from your finance loan?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You would have to check what the terms are in your contract but if it's a FCA warranty plan that would be different from the finance group so I would assume you'd get a check.

I would definitely look at the fine print because anything can be written in there by the dealership with the financing. There may be a minimum time you have to have it and there may be specific cancellation clauses in there (e.g. you may not get it all back).

I haven't read the full terms of the refund for the FCA one but I do know if they don't pay anything out under that plan you get it all back. That's buying it separate from the purchase of the truck though.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the speedy response. As usual - Florida prices are significantly higher than anywhere else in the country. If they are anything like Hondacare - I can use an address in a different state to purchase.

Regards,

Rick
Yep. Florida warranties are regulated by the Insurance Commissioner. I contacted my state representative about this since Florida is the only State that you cannot get a warranty deal on. In short, their response was "tough luck". I thought about the different state address thing; but was a little hesitant. Have you used a different state address for warranty before? Did it work out for you? (You don't need to answer here, but if you could PM me that would be great)

john94si

Reaction score
I found my answer.. 60 days for full refund and yes it gets removed from the loan.. i am seriouls yconsidering cancelling.. its $3200 with wheel and stuff and all the fine print it seems they can deny many items as they see fit.
my 2014 ram i only spent $700 in 5 years for a fuel pump.

1570817064325.png

Last edited:

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Yep. Florida warranties are regulated by the Insurance Commissioner. I contacted my state representative about this since Florida is the only State that you cannot get a warranty deal on. In short, their response was "tough luck". I thought about the different state address thing; but was a little hesitant. Have you used a different state address for warranty before? Did it work out for you? (You don't need to answer here, but if you could PM me that would be great)

Actually - I called Trish at Reidman (in the response above) and got a VERY EXCELLENT PRICE ($2,990 - 7 years unlimited miles) and they are licensed to sell into Florida with ZERO SALES TAX COLLECTED (which saves another $200 for me in Broward).

Looks like I will be deciding/buying my 2019 on Monday. Have to run up to Melbourne and get the $5K of Focal/Moscone gear ripped out of my '16 Pilot - because I'm not leaving it all in a trade-in.

And while the insurance commissioners office REGULATES extended warranties as INSURANCE - THEY DO NOT SET PRICES (no matter what the lying scum sales managers/finance managers tell you). Since I get tired of arguing with them, I just buy out of state. I have, in the past - used a friends address in NC to get the EW, but since Reidman is licensed to sell into Florida, easy decision.

Rick

john94si

Reaction score
Actually - I called Trish at Reidman (in the response above) and got a VERY EXCELLENT PRICE ($2,990 - 7 years unlimited miles) and they are licensed to sell into Florida with ZERO SALES TAX COLLECTED (which saves another $200 for me in Broward).

Looks like I will be deciding/buying my 2019 on Monday. Have to run up to Melbourne and get the $5K of Focal/Moscone gear ripped out of my '16 Pilot - because I'm not leaving it all in a trade-in.

And while the insurance commissioners office REGULATES extended warranties as INSURANCE - THEY DO NOT SET PRICES (no matter what the lying scum sales managers/finance managers tell you). Since I get tired of arguing with them, I just buy out of state. I have, in the past - used a friends address in NC to get the EW, but since Reidman is licensed to sell into Florida, easy decision.

Rick
really unlimited? I thought unlimited wasn't available any longer.. I to am in FL

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can go up to 7 years for unlimited miles. You can max out at 8 years but all the options have a mileage cap (about 120K miles or so). You just can't get a lifetime anymore.

Remember that those years start from the date you purchased your vehicle so that 7 or 8 years and will overlap your bumber to bumper (3/36) and powertrain (5/60 IIRC).

Last edited:

ldoh

Reaction score
I was planning to get the FCA extended warranty but am a bit apprehensive after seeing so many FCA/dealer "can't reproduce," "can't duplicate," "working as designed" responses to 5th gen issues.

One good thing about an extended warranty is the potential for increased value upon resale.

Users who are viewing this thread