5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended warranty from FCA

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@RJS They all have mixed reviews to be honest. I canceled warranty with 3rd party provider yesterday, And planning to get FCA extended warranty. I got a quote yesterday from https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/ if I decided to pay in full for 6years/100k miles it would be $1525. I sent email to [email protected] as many suggested here and he gave me for 6/100k for $1465 so I think this is very nice deal.
Current mileage??

Silent Bob

Reaction score
@RJS I got a quote yesterday from https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/ if I decided to pay in full for 6years/100k miles it would be $1525. I sent email to [email protected] as many suggested here and he gave me for 6/100k for $1465 so I think this is very nice deal.

Clay Robbins, Tom Winkels, and Riedman Motors are often lower than Zeigler on the first quote. If you call Zeigler they will sometimes beat the others quote depending on who you talk to and their mood. We are usually only talking a $25-$100 difference between all their quotes though.

Last edited:

MOONCHASER

Reaction score
i had extended warranty for me previous new to me SUV, i paid a lot for it and got well above my money's worth. that was used. just bought a new 2019 Laramie and wondering about extended warranty. with all these bells and whistles and being V1 things will break and its nice to have the coverage. having said all that, first 36000 miles is covered (though FCA has started calling it limited basis warranty instead of bumper to bumper which is bothersome )... it will take me about 3 years or a little less to get 36K...

i saw some option on FCA site and looks like its cheaper if i buy it now vs when i have say 30k miles on it. dont ask me how long will i keep the truck, i spent a bunch of money 2 years back on my SUV and thought i am keeping it for next 7 years, here i am waiting for the 1500 to show up to my dealer from another dealer...
After discussion with dealer we found the Zurich Extended Warranty offered through our dealership more affordable & comprehensive as an add on..

U

User_3336

Clay Robbins, Tom Winkels, and Riedman Motors are often lower than Zeigler on the first quote. If you call Zeigler they will sometimes beat the others quote depending on who you talk to and their mood. We are usually only talking a $25-$100 difference between all their quotes though.
Typical difference between quotes has been $50 from what I've seen. It seems to vary by day.
If you spoke to Bob Cline directly, i'm sure he'd meet or beat.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
After discussion with dealer we found the Zurich Extended Warranty offered through our dealership more affordable & comprehensive as an add on..

Zurich Extended Warranty may be great but keep in mind that the only reason your dealer sold it to you is that he is making more money than if he sold you a factory warranty. Many people here will emphatically tell you to never get a third party warranty. I have no personal experience with using either yet however.

U

User_3336

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't do third party warranties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U

User_3336

Zurich Extended Warranty may be great but keep in mind that the only reason your dealer sold it to you is that he is making more money than if he sold you a factory warranty. Many people here will emphatically tell you to never get a third party warranty. I have no personal experience with using either yet however.
you hit it right on the nose. Dealers will almost always push a third party warranty over a factory one because of the profit involved. Some will flatly tell you they don't offer, for example, a FCA MOPAR warranty, when they actually could have sold you one.
Another thing with third party warranties, is that you have to bring your vehicle BACK TO THAT DEALER to avoid a higher deductible. Staying in house assures the dealer extra revenue on maintenance items as well.

Ilya23

Reaction score
Current mileage??
I made quote for under 12k miles with $100 deductible for 2020 years old vehicle. I will get my warranty when I will get around 15k I think and I will tell that my car below 12k to get better quote :p (just make sure it's untraceable on your records)

U

User_3336

I made quote for under 12k miles with $100 deductible for 2020 years old vehicle. I will get my warranty when I will get around 15k I think and I will tell that my car below 12k to get better quote :p (just make sure it's untraceable on your records)
There is a $200 upcharge if you purchase after 12 months / 12000 miles. Figure that into the price if you are purchasing @ 15,000 mil.es. Your approach might fail as they might ask for proof of mileage. that's sort of shady what you are proposing.

MOONCHASER

Reaction score
Current mileage??
I will look into your suggestion. Although I just ordered a 2021 I had purchased an extended warranty on my 2018 with Zurich, 72 month 75k for $1555 as the factory offered was more expensive. My 2021 comes with a lifetime drivetrain warranty & I assume perhaps yours did as well. This should influence the price of coverage of course.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will look into your suggestion. Although I just ordered a 2021 I had purchased an extended warranty on my 2018 with Zurich, 72 month 75k for $1555 as the factory offered was more expensive. My 2021 comes with a lifetime drivetrain warranty & I assume perhaps yours did as well. This should influence the price of coverage of course.
Lifetime powertrain warranty 🤔🤔...unless something changed recently it's still 5 yr 60k for gassers. Did the dealership tell you this?

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Lifetime powertrain warranty 🤔🤔...unless something changed recently it's still 5 yr 60k for gassers. Did the dealership tell you this?
Many dealerships offers a free lifetime powertrain warranty. It is very hard to meet all the requirements.

Most of these warranties require you to get maintenance on a schedule that goes beyond what the manufacturer recommends and requires you to have your maintenance performed at the dealer that sold you the car.

U

User_3336

Many dealerships offers a free lifetime powertrain warranty. It is very hard to meet all the requirements.

Most of these warranties require you to get maintenance on a schedule that goes beyond what the manufacturer recommends and requires you to have your maintenance performed at the dealer that sold you the car.
The limited lifetime powertrain warranty has its catches. Its a revenue generator for the dealer as well for service and maintenance as Silent Bob said. I'll write a piece on how that works when I get a chance.

Erickr123

Reaction score
Just bought a 2020 1500 with 32k miles. Struggling on the deductible to choose. I have had $100 - $200 deductible in the past and hesitated to bring it in. Had $0 deductible and brought it in for everything. 1st Pickup truck, is there allot that goes wrong with them (in general). Thoughts?

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Just bought a 2020 1500 with 32k miles. Struggling on the deductible to choose. I have had $100 - $200 deductible in the past and hesitated to bring it in. Had $0 deductible and brought it in for everything. 1st Pickup truck, is there allot that goes wrong with them (in general). Thoughts?
I would do the $200 unless the $100 is not significantly more. The $0 is always to expensive.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely run a few quotes to see the price difference.

The Ziegler site will let you make some adjustments on your quote page to see some prices without having to re-do all the information. I think it goes +/- 1 year and will let you select between the deductibles. All of which you can see on your quote page so you can easily compare prices.

Erickr123

Reaction score
Went with $100 deductible. Worked allot of different sources and Clay Robbins beat them all. He also did not charge any tax which the next lowest price wanted out of state 6.5% tax. There was a $90 fee to finance for 12 months. I would definitely recommend Clay. [email protected]

TravisJ

Reaction score
On the Zeigler site the difference between $100 and $200 isn't much. It would pay for itself after about 2-5 visits depending on how expensive the plan you get is. $0 does create a huge jump in the price. On a 8/125k the price is nearly $2k more compared to $200.

I am guessing it factors in the fact someone on a $0 deductible is going to come in weekly with their newest complaint, where someone with a deductible is only going to come in with major complaints.

U

User_3336

Went with $100 deductible. Worked allot of different sources and Clay Robbins beat them all. He also did not charge any tax which the next lowest price wanted out of state 6.5% tax. There was a $90 fee to finance for 12 months. I would definitely recommend Clay. [email protected]
Interesting. What online seller of ESP's Charges sales Tax? Its an exempt purchase.
Zeigler did not charge any sales tax, it even says on the quote "tax exempt".

If you were in the same state as the online dealer, then yes, sales tax would apply.

U

User_3336

On the Zeigler site the difference between $100 and $200 isn't much. It would pay for itself after about 2-5 visits depending on how expensive the plan you get is. $0 does create a huge jump in the price. On a 8/125k the price is nearly $2k more compared to $200.

I am guessing it factors in the fact someone on a $0 deductible is going to come in weekly with their newest complaint, where someone with a deductible is only going to come in with major complaints.
that's logic. Higher mileage, more years to cover, higher price (especially on a 0 ded).

Users who are viewing this thread