5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranty Coverage options?

stevieb92

Reaction score
I am wondering what the best extended warranty coverage is for the 5th Gen Rams? Is it the Mopar Max Care? Is it a third party option? If your choice is a third party option, have you needed to use it?

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I have always used the max care option sold through Ziegler automotive. I just traded my 2020 1500 in on a 2020 and they handled the cancellation of the old policy and purchase of the new one very easily. Just waiting on my check from mopar.

mplaramie

Reaction score
I am wondering what the best extended warranty coverage is for the 5th Gen Rams? Is it the Mopar Max Care? Is it a third party option? If your choice is a third party option, have you needed to use it?
Mopar Max Care is best. Try going through either Zeigler or Granger for the Max Care warranty. If you use Zeigler, use promo "payinfull" to get an additional $365 off. Makes both Zeigler and Granger the same price.

stevieb92

Reaction score
Mopar Max Care is best. Try going through either Zeigler or Granger for the Max Care warranty. If you use Zeigler, use promo "payinfull" to get an additional $365 off. Makes both Zeigler and Granger the same price.

Can you elaborate on why Max Care is the best?

What about the extended warranty that Mark Dodge sells? I think it's called Endurance?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on why Max Care is the best?

What about the extended warranty that Mark Dodge sells? I think it's called Endurance?
Max Care is the highest coverage offered in a true factory warranty, not a third party.

Personally, I'd never buy a third-party warranty.

I just had my driver's side mirror replaced, the gears had started to slowly strip.

No questions asked, it was replaced, paid the dealer my deductible, and that was it...

U

User_3336

L a r r y

Reaction score
I've had my RAM for 3 years now, a 2019 1500 model. I've had to use my extended warranty coverage a few times and I've not had one single issue. I take it to the dealership, have them diagnose the issue, they get in contact with ALLY, and they get it taken care. I pay a $100 deductible, and things are taken care of.

U

User_3336

I've had my RAM for 3 years now, a 2019 1500 model. I've had to use my extended warranty coverage a few times and I've not had one single issue. I take it to the dealership, have them diagnose the issue, they get in contact with ALLY, and they get it taken care. I pay a $100 deductible, and things are taken care of.
How is ALLY involved?

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Update, I traded my 2020 in for a new 2022.called Ziegler who,wrote the old max policy on the 2020. They came me a competitive quote for 7/125 max care on new truck…but they also handled the cancellation of the old policy. Yesterday I received my refund check of $1,333.47 from MOPAR. So about 2 weeks I am impressed with their service

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
MD told me they do not use Mopar factory extended warranties, just the 3rd party one you mentioned. When asked, the GSM said that they could get involved with the warranty company to make things right if the claim was denied/mishandled.
While I appreciate the idea, I'd rather it be a straight up "you gotta' cover it except for wear items or mods" deal with no other involvement.

I'm sure MD has their reasons, no idea what however most involve $.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MD told me they do not use Mopar factory extended warranties, just the 3rd party one you mentioned. When asked, the GSM said that they could get involved with the warranty company to make things right if the claim was denied/mishandled.
While I appreciate the idea, I'd rather it be a straight up "you gotta' cover it except for wear items or mods" deal with no other involvement.

And I'd be willing to bet it still costs more than a Factory Warranty from Ziegler...

Reaction score
How is ALLY involved?
i have the ALLY for 6 years and 60k from time of purchase and i financed my truck thru them i send my payment to them.

U

User_3336

And I'd be willing to bet it still costs more than a Factory Warranty from Ziegler...
I'd be willing to bet you as well! :) If it was offered by a finance manager in a dealership and rolled into a monthly payment, I can assure you that was their $$$$$$$ profit center!!!
Personally, I just don't like third party warranties. ALLY might be ok, but I'd say it wasn't cheap! (PLUS, they're getting finance money off your ESP, which, in the end, makes it cost even more!

U

User_3336

MD probably doesn't use MOPAR, because there is more of a PROFIT $$$$$$ margin using other companies.
NONE of the dealerships here even mention MOPAR, because they're raking in more money selling the third party ones. They hate it when I say "I'm not interested in any of that", knowing that when I leave, I'm going straight to ZEIGLER with the promo code, and get my ESP for THOUSANDS less than what the dealer wanted.

U

User_3336

Update, I traded my 2020 in for a new 2022.called Ziegler who,wrote the old max policy on the 2020. They came me a competitive quote for 7/125 max care on new truck…but they also handled the cancellation of the old policy. Yesterday I received my refund check of $1,333.47 from MOPAR. So about 2 weeks I am impressed with their service
Do, did you purchase the new one from Zeigler?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MD probably doesn't use MOPAR, because there is more of a PROFIT $$$$$$ margin using other companies.
NONE of the dealerships here even mention MOPAR, because they're raking in more money selling the third party ones. They hate it when I say "I'm not interested in any of that", knowing that when I leave, I'm going straight to ZEIGLER with the promo code, and get my ESP for THOUSANDS less than what the dealer wanted.
Zeigler is making next to nothing on these deals initially. A dealer can sell you a Mopar service contract for what the want to. Most dealers are banking on the consumer to return to them for their repairs, this is where the dealer will make its profit. It's not a huge gain on the contract, it's the payment from the service contract.

Our door rate starts* at $160/hour. Warranty/maxcare rate is $120/hr, they pay Warranty time. That time is much less than customer pay book time.Our 3rd party service contract rates(contracts we sell) start at $140/hr. Other service contact pay $175/hr.

A Warranty/maxcare time for a searches reseal on a 6.7 Cummins pays 9.7 hours. A customer or 3rd party warranty pays 20.2 hours. That is a huge difference.

Dealing with maxcare to get large repairs covered can take upwards of 2-3 weeks. Yes it can take weeks. Most 3rd party is days, to a week depending if an inspector is needed.

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Check came from Mopar
Do, did you purchase the new one from Zeigler?
yes I did. Third extended warranty I have purchased from them. Use “payinfull” in the application for the lowest rate

U

User_3336

Check came from Mopar

yes I did. Third extended warranty I have purchased from them. Use “payinfull” in the application for the lowest rate
yeah, I loved that $365 coming off that price using that promo code! Thanks Bob Cline @ Zeigler!

U

User_3336

$50 over cost is about it! But if you sell in volume, that adds up

And you're exactly right, a dealer can sell a MOPAR ESP for what ever they want. End of the month they gotta pay FCA cost for the plans.

Zeigler is making next to nothing on these deals initially. A dealer can sell you a Mopar service contract for what the want to. Most dealers are banking on the consumer to return to them for their repairs, this is where the dealer will make its profit. It's not a huge gain on the contract, it's the payment from the service contract.

Users who are viewing this thread