5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranties

Big Tup

Reaction score
Hi,
My brother will be taking delivery of his 2022 Limited Longhorn soon. In the interest of preparing and planning ahead of delivery, does anyone recall recent Stellantis backed extended warranty options and costs that were offered by your dealer upon delivery of your vehicle?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Tons of options for Mopar extended warranty coverage plans. Too many to list here. Like LaxDfns15 suggested, check out the link he included.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Zeigler usually has the best rates. You can print those out and try to have your dealer match them.

Big Tup

Reaction score
Tons of options for Mopar extended warranty coverage plans. Too many to list here. Like LaxDfns15 suggested, check out the link he included.
Thanks for the replies. I was more interested in the few authorized options that a Dealer would present when signing paper work. When I picked up my Ram, I remember the dealer providing me some simple options that basically covered major components and had a 3-4-5 year option. that's all i was looking for.

Dr. Cheeseburger

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I was more interested in the few authorized options that a Dealer would present when signing paper work. When I picked up my Ram, I remember the dealer providing me some simple options that basically covered major components and had a 3-4-5 year option. that's all i was looking for.

Just so you know Zeigler is the name of a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram dealership in Michigan who sells genuine authorized factory Mopar Service plans at cost (basically). If you buy from your dealer you will get the exact same warranty from the same company and the same terms just you will be paying $3999+ instead of $1200-1500. The Zeigler plans are accepted at any CJDR dealership in the US. Obviously you cannot finance the cost of the plan into your truck payment if you buy from Zeigler but honestly that is a bad idea anyway. Use code "PAYINFULL" on Zeigler's website to get $365 off with them. Good luck!

Big Tup

Reaction score
Just so you know Zeigler is the name of a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram dealership in Michigan who sells genuine authorized factory Mopar Service plans at cost (basically). If you buy from your dealer you will get the exact same warranty from the same company and the same terms just you will be paying $3999+ instead of $1200-1500. The Zeigler plans are accepted at any CJDR dealership in the US. Obviously you cannot finance the cost of the plan into your truck payment if you buy from Zeigler but honestly that is a bad idea anyway. Use code "PAYINFULL" on Zeigler's website to get $365 off with them. Good luck!
That is very helpful info, thanks!

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I paid about $100 more through my dealer than Zeigler quoted me, and had a few things added on. Also financed it in because it was 0% and I like free money.

The post up above that suggested to get a quote from Zeigler to take to your dealer's finance office is exactly what I did.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is very helpful info, thanks!
You can purchase the extended factory warranty from Zeiger and finance it at 0% for 12 months. Don't get Zeigler's price and then take it to the dealer where they will roll it into your loan with interest. If you purchase from the dealer, make them match the price and 0% for 12 months. If they refuse, purchase the truck and then buy the warranty from Zeigler afterwards during the first twelve months of ownership. Your brother will thank you as he won't be paying the dealer interest for the extended warranty over 36, 48, 60 72 - or God forbid 84 months.

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
Zeigler usually has the best rates. You can print those out and try to have your dealer match them.
^^^^^^^^^X2….Get an in writing quote from Zeigler and then show it to the finance guy and ask if he can do $100 better to get your business. You might be surprised.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^X2….Get an in writing quote from Zeigler and then show it to the finance guy and ask if he can do $100 better to get your business. You might be surprised.
Yea my dealer actually beat the Ziegler quote. They get bonuses for overall warranties sold, and it's basically no work on their part.

I paid cash for the warranty, didn't care to worry about financing it.

Phippy

Reaction score
Purchased my Laramie night edition today. Printed out Ziegler quote for 8yr/70K $200 deductible finance guru said sorry that's below my cost, so Ziegler it is for me when the time comes.

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
Purchased my Laramie night edition today. Printed out Ziegler quote for 8yr/70K $200 deductible finance guru said sorry that's below my cost, so Ziegler it is for me when the time comes.
Wait until the truck arrives and you’re in the finance office doing the paperwork and then wave a new quote in his face again if he’s even there. People rotate in / out of those positions.

ben b

Reaction score
Another vote for Ziegler here. As previous posters said, remember to use the code PAYINFULL.

Ziegler's website is great. Easy to generate any option you want to compare prices. I waited until my truck was around 7 months old to purchase -- there wasn't any extra cost to do this. I didn't see any point in buying on day 1 since there is always a (tiny?) chance your truck is a lemon and you just want to get rid of it without any extra sunk costs.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on a 7year / unlimited miles Max Care plan (with $200 deductible) from Ziegler.

It was pretty steep, IMO, but I drive a lot (already have 23k miles after 8 months), and my previous 5th Gen had its fair share of Issues in the first 3 years of ownership.

BTW - the “PAYINFULL” Promo Code still works for $365 off.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Any options for extended once past the original 36 month?

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on a 7year / unlimited miles Max Care plan (with $200 deductible) from Ziegler.

It was pretty steep, IMO, but I drive a lot (already have 23k miles after 8 months), and my previous 5th Gen had its fair share of Issues in the first 3 years of ownership.

BTW - the “PAYINFULL” Promo Code still works for $365 off.
What is their website?
edit.. found the site and bought the 8yr 100k maxcare plan. Paid in full for the discount

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread