5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Front Brake Lines?

thesspirate

Reaction score
How many of you guys have extended your front brake lines after upgrading the suspension? I'm talking about going up around 2.5". I've got Kings sitting in my office and I'm about order the rest of the parts needed to install them. As far as I know Carli is the only mfg to include or even recommend extended front brake lines. From the research I've done, it seems that not many people extend them when they add UCAs and coil overs or even just a spacer. One shop local to me said they're necessary because going up 2.5" stretches the brake lines... though that was strange. Thats the first time I've heard of that happening, but I could be wrong. They are also a large dealer for Carli, so theres that.

Anybody out there have any issues with with the OEM length lines after lifting? I'm not against replacing them, but I'm curious as to why only one company strongly recommends adding them and nobody else does. Also, I'm not questioning anyones intelligence or experience over at Carli, I'm just curious. Thanks!

Sniper75

Reaction score
I would like to know also if I should get extended brake lines for my Eibach lift

Sniper75

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere for brake hoses for my 2020 1500 and nothing. So I did the next best thing I had them made they will be in this Friday. Got them stainless braided with a clear plastic coating. Will post pictures when they get in

thesspirate

Reaction score
Well I can confirm that you definitely DO NOT need extended brake lines in the front, plenty of line left with King 2.5 suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread