5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extang Xceed

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anybody out there with this tonneau? Looks pretty slick, just wondering the quality and how water proof it is. My 2019 had the Lomax and I wasn't a fan. My 2020 came with the Mopar soft fold tonneau and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

The exceed seems like an improved Lomax Tonneau. My biggest gripe about that was the leaking and the fact it didn't fold against the window. Sure you could remove it but it was quite heavy and awkward as hell.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i dont have a tonneau cover, but i am looking at buying one. this looks like a nice option and looks similar to the bakflip tri fold. looks like its cheaper too

kilcher

Reaction score
I don't have one yet but this is the one I'll be getting. IMO it looks as good as any other hard tri-fold cover but with the added security of a knob to open vs. something that could easily be opened with a coat hanger.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree. I like the finish better than the Lomax as well, and the fact the rails have drains if some water does sneak by the seal.

awpratt79

Reaction score
I've been looking at this one also myself for when my new 2020 is delivered on my 2017 I had a Gator cover that was very similar in design and appearance unfortunately the Gator covers no longer offer the style that has the fold hinges hidden, also agree it is nice to be able to fold the cover up all the way to the back window for those occasions when the whole bed is needed, without having to remove the whole cover.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I may order it soon. I have the Mopar trip fold soft cover and I don't like it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread