5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Experience with stock tires in snow? Bridgestone Dueler H/L

Starkhaus

Reaction score
Anyone have some experience with these tires in snow? Paved/plowed asphalt/gravel road with snow on it or light icy conditions. How did they perform?

RichInMN

Reaction score
Anyone have some experience with these tires in snow? Paved/plowed asphalt/gravel road with snow on it or light icy conditions. How did they perform?
They are trash. I suffered through 2 Minnesota winters and then put Blizzaks on.

Last edited:

RichInMN

Reaction score
I'll let other folks step in with their opinions, but the 4x4 couldn't make up for the lack of traction and confidence I had in slippery conditions - even when the tires were still pretty new.

My Pathfinder has Destination LE all-seasons and the difference is night and day. Probably other great options out there too.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Drove 1 day in the snow on stock tires (between 1/2 and 2 inches paved residential then highway), never again. Was fine under 30 mph (residential), was "fun" 35-40, and was "ummm crap too fast" 40+. Luckily I slid into a soft bank and was able to work my way out. I had less than 30K miles on the tires.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
Great. 1200 miles on my new truck and a blizzard headed my way.

Al Bundy.gif

Starkhaus

Reaction score
I’m slightly surprised they’re as bad as it sounds. I tried to look up ratings and reviews for snow use on them and so many things said they do well? Must be paying off reviewers or something

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I’m slightly surprised they’re as bad as it sounds. I tried to look up ratings and reviews for snow use on them and so many things said they do well? Must be paying off reviewers or something

Those reviews probably come from folks driving on freshly plowed roads that have no snow on them, just on the shoulders :D

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Snow? The Bridgestone Dueler H/L is the biggest waste of rubber to ever come from a factory. They shake the truck like a paint mixer, are notoriously unround and hard to balance, and overall they suck. I wouldn't even give them a shot in the snow because I couldn't stand them on dry pavement.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I like the OEM tires that came on my 22s.
I actually had a very similar set on my old truck (18s).

I guess they only put the cheap crap on whatever size rims you guys got.

These are my OEM tires https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...corpion+Verde+All+Season&partnum=845HR2SVASXL
Not the best tire, but not terrible like the Bridgestone sounds like. When these wear out i'm going back to the Scorpion AS Plus 3s

Nels

Reaction score
I drove on them for one wisconsin winter. The ONLY reason I didn't replace them right away was I was waiting for the buy 3 get one free sale. That was a scary winter. I didn't have any mishaps, but I had no confidence in the tires. They just didnt feel right. Like the truck was floating on the road, more like driving a boat - not quite in control of what the vehicle is doing. I dont know if the problem is the tread pattern, soft sidewalls, or poor rubber compound, but I thought they were terrible especially at higher speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread