5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 in it. Has anybody put a black widow muffler on and if so how do you like it and how is the in cab drone. I have an exhaust leak before the muffler and I like how loud it is but it has terrible in cab drone.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 in it. Has anybody put a black widow muffler on and if so how do you like it and how is the in cab drone. I have an exhaust leak before the muffler and I like how loud it is but it has terrible in cab drone.
Search the dozen other exhaust threads. I'm sure I saw someone mention one.

U

User_63152

To negate drone, try a custom J-pipe resonator (aka, Helmholtz or 1/4 wave resonator). They work great. I had one made and installed at the local Muffler Man. $80

Should be about ~40'' long. Mine is a little short (I think it's 38''), but it works for me.

I have the MBRP muffler, also had the weep holes welded shut on the resonators. It sounds awesome.

Attachments

• J-Pipe b.jpg
    J-Pipe b.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 26
  • J-Pipe a.jpg
    J-Pipe a.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 26
  • J-Pipe Complete.jpg
    J-Pipe Complete.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread