5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust

PapaT

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with American Trucks MRBP muffler? Curious about how much in-cab noise there is. Had a Magnaflow on my 2011 Ram but too much drone.
Thanks

Selcher

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with American Trucks MRBP muffler? Curious about how much in-cab noise there is. Had a Magnaflow on my 2011 Ram but too much drone.
Thanks
MBRP is the company that makes the exhaust that American Trucks sells. I've had their catbacks on 5 different trucks. Excellent quality gear and perfect fitment. I actually love the sound and never any drone.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the MBRP hi flow on mine, and really like it. As far as "in-cab noise", I hear the exhaust all the time, which is something I prefer. It is fairly quiet around 2000 rpm, and sounds great on acceleration. I don't experience any drone with mine.

Klicht87

Reaction score
MPRB is a good brand. Had it on a silverado and it sounded pretty good. I've been cautious about American Trucks because of the poor reviews. Same with CARID (First hand bad experience).

Selcher

Reaction score
You might try Nic at Got Exhaust or Moe's Performance. I believe both sell MBRP.

Or buy from MBRP directly? I think they just had a 15% off sale.

Twampnina

Reaction score
I got the 2019 Laramie 5.7 Hemi with all 3 resonators still on it. Recently put the MBRP XP Series High Flow Replacement Muffler (S5143409). Love the sound, a huge upgrade from stock. On the outside it sounds moderate; not overly obnoxious, it gets loud when you floor it. When you start it, you can definitely tell it's not an OEM, has a deep tone to it. As far as in the cabin; it's more noticeable than the stock muffler. You could hear it all the time but I figure that normal with an aftermarket muffler, it doesn't annoy me. I have noticed slight done when the ECO light turns on, maybe that's why the manufactures video shows you how to turn it off. I would definitely recommend this muffler for anyone wanting to upgrade the sound of their exhaust without it being exaggeratedly loud. You can easily replace the muffler yourself if you have the tools.

mcp6530

Reaction score
had the mbrp on my last BH and loved it. A little puffing sound coming from tips when idling but in cabin was pretty quiet. But, quiet to me or others may mean much different things. I have seen many people say 33'' ridge grapplers are quiet and mine are noisy as hell!

mcp6530

Reaction score
I got the 2019 Laramie 5.7 Hemi with all 3 resonators still on it. Recently put the MBRP XP Series High Flow Replacement Muffler (S5143409). Love the sound, a huge upgrade from stock. On the outside it sounds moderate; not overly obnoxious, it gets loud when you floor it. When you start it, you can definitely tell it's not an OEM, has a deep tone to it. As far as in the cabin; it's more noticeable than the stock muffler. You could hear it all the time but I figure that normal with an aftermarket muffler, it doesn't annoy me. I have noticed slight done when the ECO light turns on, maybe that's why the manufactures video shows you how to turn it off. I would definitely recommend this muffler for anyone wanting to upgrade the sound of their exhaust without it being exaggeratedly loud. You can easily replace the muffler yourself if you have the tools.
I agree, I liked my mbrp also on my last BH. Decided to try the b2 muffler on my new limited. getting it installed this weekend.

U

User_34235

I just got the MBRP and going to install it tomorrow. Seems like most are ok with the sound in the cabin as that is what I am mainly worried about. I dont plan on getting into the throttle in the local neighborhood so not worried there and most of my driving is on the interstate so dont want it to be obnoxious in the cab. The install looks pretty straight forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

NRitland2

Reaction score
I agree, I liked my mbrp also on my last BH. Decided to try the b2 muffler on my new limited. getting it installed this weekend.
Let me know how you like it.. just got the Magnaflow 19433 which is alot alike the b2

Robman700

Reaction score
A little too quiet to me. My mbrp had a bit more sound. Hoping it gets a bit louder with time. If not, maybe remove resonators...
Iv had the 14in Magnaflow and resonator delete for about a week now and I hope it gets louder because it’s pretty quiet.

Robman700

Reaction score
Yes it almost sounds like it’s gotten quieter after 400 miles

Robman700

Reaction score
Yes it is subjective what is quite to one person might be loud to another. I was not looking for anything to loud and I was pretty happy with the way it sounded for a few days , had a nice deep tone but after about 400 miles on the muffler it seems like it has toned down a lot.

NRitland2

Reaction score
Yes it is subjective what is quite to one person might be loud to another. I was not looking for anything to loud and I was pretty happy with the way it sounded for a few days , had a nice deep tone but after about 400 miles on the muffler it seems like it has toned down a lot.
Is it the 19433? Surprising with a res delete. Much drone with mds?

Robman700

Reaction score
It’s the 11229 3in in and 3in out 14in muffler. The fist week had very minimal sound deference in mds now a week later I can’t even hear it when it kicks in .

Users who are viewing this thread