5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
There's a kind of whooshing sound. Almost like a paperbag having air pulled in and out. Listen next time your truck is idling. Best time is after a cold start while it idles down. Supposedly plugging the weep holes fixes that. Fwiw I plugged mine and it still sounds that way.

Still contemplating getting my resonators cut out completely. I love the sound I've got now with the Borla but wouldn't mind it being a tad louder.

I get what your saying about the "paperbag" ish sound... But it's not a deal breaker. Thanks for the heads up!

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Grape, you may want to double-check your plugging, mine are plugged and I do not get any whooshing sound at all, cold start or otherwise. I have heard the sound you are describing on clips, my truck only has a nice Borla exhaust tone.

frnkochoa

Reaction score
The install is complete. I love the sound, cannot imagine having anything louder. I took some sound clips but didn't like how much background noise there was. I'm plugging the weep holes today and I will post a cold start in the morning.
How do you plug the weep holes?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How do you plug the weep holes?
I used some JB Epoxy, just enough to cover each of the four holes. Put it on with the exhaust cold, let them set up for the designated time, and then drove away. Didn't make as much diff as I thought it would, though it does sound better when I am the drivethrough at Wendy's

jburden59

Reaction score
I used some JB Epoxy, just enough to cover each of the four holes. Put it on with the exhaust cold, let them set up for the designated time, and then drove away. Didn't make as much diff as I thought it would, though it does sound better when I am the drivethrough at Wendy's

Did the same thing....haven't tried the Wendy's drive-thru satisfaction test yet though...

Users who are viewing this thread