5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust

skol

Reaction score
Money aside, what brand of exhaust would you guys choose? I like the sounds of most of them and know each one has their specific tones. However I’m Looking for more input on the quality of the product?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's tons of exhaust info out there on the forum, this thread covers a few good options

CharlieP

Reaction score
Borla without a doubt they use 304 stainless steel which is better quality the the others use. I had a magnaflow on my chevy and after 8 years it rusted out. they replaced it but it was a hassle. had to buy a new system then send the old one back and wait for them to look at it, even though I sent close up pictures. Just installed the Borla Touring on my 19 Laramie and so far love it.

skol

Reaction score
Borla without a doubt they use 304 stainless steel which is better quality the the others use. I had a magnaflow on my chevy and after 8 years it rusted out. they replaced it but it was a hassle. had to buy a new system then send the old one back and wait for them to look at it, even though I sent close up pictures. Just installed the Borla Touring on my 19 Laramie and so far love it.

Thanks for the info. I just ended up ordering the same Borla Touring from SS Exhaust

Reaction score
I just threw a flowmaster super 40 and kept everything else. Kept the resonators . Only annoying thing I have found is when the mds kicks in , it sounds a little weird and drones a little bit. Other than that not too loud , good tone , you can hear it but not overwhelming at all in the cab. Cost me about 225 to buy the muffler and have it installed. Just my 2 cents. Didn’t feel like dropping almost 1k on a full cat back system . Just wanted some noise to make it sound like a truck. I’m fully satisfied.

skol

Reaction score
So I got my Borla touring on. Sounds great. However there’s a burnt rubber type smell. Is this normal at the beginning?

dmodem

Reaction score
So, I have a Borla touring, but in all honesty, it's a little more throaty than expected. All in all, I wished I would have remained stock.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had Flowmaster on a Mustang GT, Charger RT, Charger Ralley and a Hemi RAM, and have been satisfied every time. They sound great without being overpowering, and every one has lasted the life of the vehicle.

skol

Reaction score
So, I have a Borla touring, but in all honesty, it's a little more throaty than expected. All in all, I wished I would have remained stock.

Lol. I’m feeling a little the same. I do like it when I feel and sometimes I don’t. Still may add the resignator

Users who are viewing this thread