5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust work recommendations

SebbySpin

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new here and first time Ram owner. I have a '21 Bighorn and one of the first modifications I am looking to do is work on the exhaust system.

I am sitting on the fence on if I should just remove the muffler or the muffler AND resonator. Ultimately I just want something that is louder than where it is now.

The reason I am on the fence is because I do live in a neighborhood where the houses are packed in like sardines so I want to respect my neighbors and not be *that guy* with the overly loud car.

Do y'all recommend just starting off with the muffler or should I just remove both while I'm at it? I truthfully have no idea how much more sound removing the resonator would add.

Thanks for the recommendations/advice/help!

mrclortho

Reaction score
I also live in a sardine neighborhood for now.

I kept the resonators and performed a B2 Fabrication muffler delete. The truck sounds glorious and not too loud in my opinion. It makes some noise, but I have not gotten any complaints. It certainly isn't "stupid loud" if that makes sense and does not drone on the highway.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My neighbor's house is less than 15 feet from my truck and it's a giant brick wall. Exhaust cutout before the muffler so no muffler and no resonators. Definitely gets echoes, and I know they can hear it, but luckily their bedroom is on the other side of their house. It also drones on the highway without resonators, so I usually close it up then.

SebbySpin

Reaction score
I also live in a sardine neighborhood for now.

I kept the resonators and performed a B2 Fabrication muffler delete. The truck sounds glorious and not too loud in my opinion. It makes some noise, but I have not gotten any complaints. It certainly isn't "stupid loud" if that makes sense and does not drone on the highway.
Thats good to know, thanks for insight!

SebbySpin

Reaction score
My neighbor's house is less than 15 feet from my truck and it's a giant brick wall. Exhaust cutout before the muffler so no muffler and no resonators. Definitely gets echoes, and I know they can hear it, but luckily their bedroom is on the other side of their house. It also drones on the highway without resonators, so I usually close it up then.
I usually back up into the driveway so my tail is next to their kitchen window, their bedroom probably being on the opposite side of the house. Just trying to avoid starting a feud with them 😅

mrclortho

Reaction score
Good thing about the B2 kit is you have three options and they are interchangeable, and the quality is excellent. Once you install one kit, the other two will bolt in easily. I almost went with the small muffler instead of the delete, but maybe I had had a whiskey or two and said "F--- it". I am glad I did the delete instead of a muffler. I think I may have been happy with the mid volume option, but every time I start my truck...

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread