5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust thread!

Starkhaus

Reaction score
My Borla ATAK has no drone in the cab, and what little exhaust sound you an have(not drone) is easily covered up with radio. My tires make more noise than the ATAK when cruising on freeway.
You think a S Type will also have no drone? Think ATAK might be little too loud for me

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You think a S Type will also have no drone? Think ATAK might be little too loud for me
From what I've read, the S-type is just as loud, just has a slightly different tone. Especially on cold starts.

To add to my review in the ATAK, I turned in the eco light because I couldn't tell when MDS came on just from exhaust sound.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had AWE 0FG system installed. After cruising around town and at highway speeds of 65-70 mph the sound is awesome. No drone and as Velocity stated in a previous post, the tire noise is louder in the cab than the exhaust.
I adore the 0FG system, but I couldn't justify the price point to myself. The MBRP was $300 and sounds amazing.

Starkhaus

Reaction score
Thinking an AWE 0FG Catback is the best bet from what I’ve read. Good sound and no drone, whoever’s got one will the neighbors hate me? Real quiet neighborhood and leave for work in the early morning

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking an AWE 0FG Catback is the best bet from what I’ve read. Good sound and no drone, whoever’s got one will the neighbors hate me? Real quiet neighborhood and leave for work in the early morning
If you don't want loud, probably not the best option. Is just slightly more quiet than the Borla ATAK

Starkhaus

Reaction score
If you don't want loud, probably not the best option. Is just slightly more quiet than the Borla ATAK
Loud is ok, just don’t want to be obnoxious and a nuisance to neighbors. My biggest problem is drone so main goal is to avoid that

RageWhite

Reaction score
Seems a full catback system may help eliminate drone but just a muffler replacement causes issues
I threw on SLPs and have had zero issues with drone over since I installed them in February. Sounds like it isn't what you're after, but if you decide to try a muffler-only option I would recommend them.

410DelmonicoSport

Reaction score
I did the Corsa kit with the resonator delete, sounds great. Initial start up and idle sounds awesome, but not obnoxious. My neighbors have even said they know when I’m going to work in the morning but it’s not ridiculously loud, they’re not complaining. Absolutely zero drone when cruising, honestly can’t even tell the truck has an exhaust until you get on it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did the Corsa kit with the resonator delete, sounds great. Initial start up and idle sounds awesome, but not obnoxious. My neighbors have even said they know when I’m going to work in the morning but it’s not ridiculously loud, they’re not complaining. Absolutely zero drone when cruising, honestly can’t even tell the truck has an exhaust until you get on it.
Your neighbors saying they know when you go to work in the morning is the nice way of saying your trucks too loud.

Velocity

Reaction score
It really depends on how close your house is to your neighbor. After about 20-30 seconds it really mellows out on cold starts. But initially, it’s definitely loud. I also live in a smaller, quiet neighborhood and I am able to keep the exhaust sounds down when I leave at 4:00 am as long as I don’t get on the throttle. I just feather the throttle until I get to the street. No complaints from anyone yet, I’ve had it for almost a year. Also, I park so that my exhaust faces away from my next door neighbors house. I have found that most of the sound is channeled out the back on the AWE, more so than other systems I’ve had or heard. I love walking up behind it and remote starting it. When I first installed it I started it and grinned, then I slid under the truck to check all the clamps and couldn’t believe how quiet it was under there.

Code2medic

Reaction score
Your neighbors saying they know when you go to work in the morning is the nice way of saying your trucks too loud.
Lol…. I’ve got nothing this had me laughing as I said the same thing and thought of my car in the garage

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/