5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust thread!

Starkhaus

Reaction score
I’m searching for the best exhaust to suit what I’m looking for right now but wanted some thoughts from the rest of you’s.

I want something that adds a little more tone and aggression, but does not cause any drone in the cab since I do a lot of highway driving 70-80 and cannot handle any drone after my last truck. I can live with a slight amount that can easily be covered up with the music at like 10

I’ve been interested in the Borla Touring but have seen many comments saying it is still pretty loud.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds like the factory GT exhaust is just what your looking for. My truck spends most of it’s miles cruising at 80 mph and zero drone. GT exhaust actually sounds stock at any cruising rpm but then it wakes up to an aggressive sound a full throttle. It’s the best of both worlds. After having louder exhaust like you mentioned previously this exhaust is perfect for me. I don’t miss that drone at all.

Starkhaus

Reaction score
Sounds like the factory GT exhaust is just what your looking for. My truck spends most of it’s miles cruising at 80 mph and zero drone. GT exhaust actually sounds stock at any cruising rpm but then it wakes up to an aggressive sound a full throttle. It’s the best of both worlds. After having louder exhaust like you mentioned previously this exhaust is perfect for me. I don’t miss that drone at all.
Did your truck come with it or did you track it down yourself?

Edit: I’d you tracked it down yourself where did you get it at? Would love to get one myself if it’s as good as it sounds

Dewey

Reaction score
Did your truck come with it or did you track it down yourself?

Edit: I’d you tracked it down yourself where did you get it at? Would love to get one myself if it’s as good as it sounds
I ordered last spring 2022 from AP Accessory Parts a vendor here on the forums. Haven’t seen much from them lately so question if they’re even still around. Otherwise the exhaust can be ordered from any dealer parts department.

Here is a screenshot of the part numbers I used to order…..

E422F345-7EAF-4A0B-AFB3-BF2A3F9FA8D9.jpeg
There is a long thread specifically for this exhaust if you do a search.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
An aftermarket option I used is the MBRP cut and clamp muffler. I kept the resonators and get zero drone. I love the sound.

scully

Reaction score
I put a borla s-type on my hemi rebel and love it !!!! It sounds great at start up awesome at full throttle , yet very mellow at a cruise on the highway, to the point that you almost forget it has an exhaust on it ...no drone at all

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
There’s a lot of threads with exhaust opinions if you search the forum.

I went with flowmaster flow fx and kept the resonators. Good sound and no drone, even in 4 cylinder mode.

mrclortho

Reaction score
I am running the B2 Fab muffler delete and kept the resonators. It makes noise but is not loud and there is no noticeable drone. At 60mph it sounds factory but you can start to hear it some at about 75mph but not like a chamber muffler drone. When you get on it though...it sounds glorious...almost as good as my Scatpack Challenger.

Overall, I love it and you cannot beat the price.

Louhound88

Reaction score
I too have Borla S type, no drone. It is loud when you're heavy on the throttle but does get quiet once you're cruising. I spend most of my highway driving at 80mph and this puts me just under 2000rpm with 35" tires and still have no drone.

I know someone with a Carven exhaust and while it sounds good, it's pretty quiet compared to the Borla S type. Also have heard the GT exhaust and it's tone is just like the Borla S type but just quieter due to the resonators I believe.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I have the Carven and it is great. Nice sound, no drone even in eco mode.

Velocity

Reaction score
I have the AWE catback and the road noise from the stock tires is louder than the exhaust at highway cruising speeds. I think you can’t go wrong with any catback system.

Squatch79

Reaction score
Just swapped out the OEM muffler for a Carven TR today. Not much drone in the cab. There is a little when MDS kicks in but it's not unbearable. Nice rumble at idle and deep throaty exhaust note under acceleration. Planning on running the resonators for a while and seeing how I like it. Plan is to upgrade to 5" tips in the future so might do the resonator delete then.

Starkhaus

Reaction score
Seems a full catback system may help eliminate drone but just a muffler replacement causes issues

JCR1500

Reaction score
I just put on the B2 Fabrication round muffler with resonator delete and it sounds awesome at start up and when you get on it but cruising at 70 you barely hear it. I couldn't beat the price as I got the whole kit with 5" polished tips for $400 so I scored the deal of a lifetime on marketplace.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just put on the B2 Fabrication round muffler with resonator delete and it sounds awesome at start up and when you get on it but cruising at 70 you barely hear it. I couldn't beat the price as I got the whole kit with 5" polished tips for $400 so I scored the deal of a lifetime on marketplace.
I got my muffler for $40 on amazon lol

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I ordered last spring 2022 from AP Accessory Parts a vendor here on the forums. Haven’t seen much from them lately so question if they’re even still around. Otherwise the exhaust can be ordered from any dealer parts department.

View attachment 162335
They are not active on the forums anymore.
You can still order from them on the website, I just ordered some parts and good communication so far, better then any dealer but that sets the bar super low.

This is the link. Looks like $900 + shipping

CatDaddy66

Reaction score
I just had AWE 0FG system installed. After cruising around town and at highway speeds of 65-70 mph the sound is awesome. No drone and as Velocity stated in a previous post, the tire noise is louder in the cab than the exhaust.

Starkhaus

Reaction score
I just had AWE 0FG system installed. After cruising around town and at highway speeds of 65-70 mph the sound is awesome. No drone and as Velocity stated in a previous post, the tire noise is louder in the cab than the exhaust.
Just looked that one up and man it sounds good. No drone huh? Not even when MDS kicks in?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m searching for the best exhaust to suit what I’m looking for right now but wanted some thoughts from the rest of you’s.

I want something that adds a little more tone and aggression, but does not cause any drone in the cab since I do a lot of highway driving 70-80 and cannot handle any drone after my last truck. I can live with a slight amount that can easily be covered up with the music at like 10

I’ve been interested in the Borla Touring but have seen many comments saying it is still pretty loud.
My Borla ATAK has no drone in the cab, and what little exhaust sound you an have(not drone) is easily covered up with radio. My tires make more noise than the ATAK when cruising on freeway.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 162335
AP is definitely still around, just not active in the forum

Users who are viewing this thread