5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust Suggestion Please

joemo

Reaction score
did you go with the delete with resonator or straight up delete? I just installed the MR300 kit...love the sound!

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
I did the full delete. On the solo site, its the one that is 169:

Why did you go with the MR300 over the full delete?

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
So all you did was unbolt/unhang the stock piece and bolt/hang the MR300? No cutting?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
you have to make 1 cut. used a sawzall with a metal cutting blade took about 30 seconds to cut. the other side is just 2 bolts on the flange. It was extremely easy. Definitely wear glasses while cutting.

Jeeper

Reaction score
I did the full delete. On the solo site, its the one that is 169:

Why did you go with the MR300 over the full delete?
the MR300 has a slightly more mellow tone and takes care of any drone issues

joemo

Reaction score
I will be attempting this tomorrow. Today was air horn and TRX style lights.

MOONCHASER

Reaction score
Although I'd like to get more sound from the exhaust, not loud but more than stock, I've read that it can impair performance to decrease back pressure. Anyone notice any difference?

DerekC

Reaction score
FOLLOW UP!!!

BORLA EXHAUST SYSTEM TYPE S. See photo. Melted my plastic bumper inserts. I have about 7500km on this so far. And it's still cold out. Hope it won't catch fire in the heat of the summer. I did have the system installed by a reputable shop and the exhaust was centered in the bumper termination twice. Once at about 5km and again about 800km. So I'm not sure why the heat transfer.

Have not yet reached out to Borla.

Attachments

• IMG_20210405_124106.jpg
    IMG_20210405_124106.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 114

Jeeper

Reaction score
Although I'd like to get more sound from the exhaust, not loud but more than stock, I've read that it can impair performance to decrease back pressure. Anyone notice any difference?
I have the Solo Performance MR300 and definitely is not too loud nor any negative Performance issues.

KonaLaury

Reaction score
I went with the Carven, cat back and am pleased with the installation and the sound. No drone at all!

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
FOLLOW UP!!!

BORLA EXHAUST SYSTEM TYPE S. See photo. Melted my plastic bumper inserts. I have about 7500km on this so far. And it's still cold out. Hope it won't catch fire in the heat of the summer. I did have the system installed by a reputable shop and the exhaust was centered in the bumper termination twice. Once at about 5km and again about 800km. So I'm not sure why the heat transfer.

Have not yet reached out to Borla.
Weird... Are you sure the tips aren't bouncing around making contact with the plastic inserts causing the melting over time? I've had the Borla ATAK on mine for the past 7000 miles and haven't had any issues at all with this. And I've been on some 4+ hour drives.

Last edited:

redneck

Reaction score
I have 1/2 of an inch clearance around my exhaust tips to the black plastic I just went on a 1400 mile trip over a two-day. And nothing melted sounds like yours are moving while deiving

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got borla atak sitting in my garage waiting for the arrival of my 21 rebel. Have to make sure your exhaust tips are not bouncing around. I can guarantee borla will blame installer. You probably should too!

Rmazzei

Reaction score
i just put the borla stype on today & its way too quiet i had a corsa sport on my gmc & it was 2x as loud & deep
should have gone with the atak
which did you go with 4" or 5"

redneck

Reaction score
5" tips i think the pipes are 2.5 or 3" from borla you aint going to find any kits for a gasser with 5" pipes

ST4T1ST1C

Reaction score
Just had a local shop remove the stock muffler and put in a straight pipe. Cost was about $70 and sound is well worth it. Sounds like a Hemi now. I don't find it too loud but wish it was a tad bit deeper in tone. No raspyness or excessive drone/sound in cab while cruising and not at all bit obnoxious. Will my neighbors be upset at 3 in the morning on a cold start? Perhaps, but that is their problem. I may look further into finding a muffler that adds that "deep" tone, but I think it sounds pretty good with just the straight pipe so far.

Klicht87

Reaction score
So after installing my Borla Atak, it was loud and sounded awesome but seemed very loud in the cabin. It didn't sound like the videos from other members. I disconnected the muffler from the Midpipe, cleaned the gasket, and reinstalled. Everything sounds so much better. I didn't clean off the gasket during the initial install but this time it seemed a little gritty in between the gasket pieces so I cleaned it with PB Blaster and WD-40. I also checked all the exhaust clamps. I'm guessing there was an exhaust leak somewhere. PERFECT sound now. Very little/next to no cabin noise until you step on it. Now I don't regret purchasing the ATAK.

Users who are viewing this thread